milch

Are there still friendly Survivor?

I'm usually off trolling with my friends on low-pop servers.

If I'm geared everyone gets one warning, unless I'm purposely helping people on the coast.

If I'm looking for companions from a fresh spawn I'm friendly to basically everyone.

I have people shoot at me on sight all the time. I usually don't shoot back because half the time they are just ringing the dinnerbell and missing.

I think you encounter friendly survivors more than you know. Most of the time you probably just dont see them, but they see you and dont shoot. I was on a server today near a dear stand and i know damn well i heard someone cough. It wasnt a zombie noise. I tried to talk on mic but got no response. I went to leave the area and heard it again. It wasnt my character because i never heard it before and not for the 35 mins i played after. So somewhere near me there was a guy in need of antibiotics watching me loot the deerstand. He didnt feel like talking but at least he didnt shoot me. He probably thought i was a bandit because i have a nice rifle and a camo outfit. Currently @ 0 murders and will stay that way if i can. Last time i encountered somone the roles were reversed. I approached a deer stand and saw another survivor walking up to it. I went prone crawled up close enough to talk to him. He never responded to me( Ive since learned is a huge red flag) in text or by mic and turned around and once he saw me he shot me dead. I was pretty mad cause at any time i coulda capped him but didnt. Thats an example of why people dont trust others and are weery of players.

As others have stated most of the time i meet friendly random players is on the coast with no gear, but even then ive been shot on sight countless times as im sure most have. I did have one dude run in a barn i was looting who turned out to be freindly and even used a blood bag on me. They do exist but are hard to find.

I've only ever murdered 1 person, and that was a buddy who wanted me to kill him because he had a broken leg. Then a random showed up, hung around for a bit not saying anything, then when I turned around he took my dead buddy's gun and shot me in the back.

I've met more friendly players than hostile ones. Most people I run into, we kind of just hang out for a few minutes then go our separate ways.

I met a guy the other day in a church in Cherno/Elektro. He was being chased by zombies so I went in to help him. We talked for a bit, he told me his friend was coming and I hung around to see if they needed any help. When his friend got there we just stood around for a bit talking, then his buddy turned and killed him, then started shooting at me. I ran to the fire station, and he came in a little while later. I shot him a bunch, then ran when I had to reload. When I went back in he was dead.

I don't understand what drives people to be assholes. I have absolutely 0 interest in killing another friendly player, and would rather die and lose all my stuff than kill someone who had no intention of hurting me.

People KoS because as humans, we are very unpredictable. And if you got any gear (Especially if your attached to it) then you avoid the unpredictable situations by ending it before it begins.

This is one of the reasons why I switched over to a non-hive server. Public hive servers = lots of douche bags. Yes you still have a few douche bags on non-hive servers; however, those encounters are minimal. Now when I come across a survivor in need I can help them without getting murdered for my kindness (well 99% of the time any ways). This mod, in my opinion, is plagued by douche bags. I know they are working on solutions to this problem, but in the meantime many players are jumping ship, never to return because of the plethora of negative in-game experiences.

until.. well one hour ago i managed to get 400 zombiekills while having killed not a single player. the ones i saw i just left alone or if they needed help i helped them.. but then i got sniped.

what i'm trying to say is that there are friendly players but the majority of them is just not on the coast but deep inside the islands so they don't meet bandits. or at least thats what i'm doing after looting elektro/cherno

until.. well one hour ago i managed to get 400 zombiekills while having killed not a single player. the ones i saw i just left alone or if they needed help i helped them.. but then i got sniped.

what i'm trying to say is that there are friendly players but the majority of them is just not on the coast but deep inside the islands so they don't meet bandits. or at least thats what i'm doing after looting elektro/cherno

Inland people can reason more as you are both most likely well equipt to fight each other and most likely both die, and there is more you can do to hide from other player and try to reason with them!

Its like me and a friend went to NW airfield, i got shot in the legs (Which actually saved my life!) so I bandage and stay down, my friend gives me morphine and runs off to deal with the guy and all I heard was 2 bursts of M16 and Bam! Both are lying dead on the floor leaving me on 300 blood xD , when theres two well armed players (Which coast players aren't normally) both parties are going to get heavily wounded and sometimes its just not worth the risk.

Edited by Barrwg

Inland people can reason more as you are both most likely well equipt to fight each other and most likely both die, and there is more you can do to hide from other player and try to reason with them!

Its like me and a friend went to NW airfield, i got shot in the legs (Which actually saved my life!) so I bandage and stay down, my friend gives me morphine and runs off to deal with the guy and all I heard was 2 bursts of M16 and Bam! Both are lying dead on the floor leaving me on 300 blood xD , when theres two well armed players (Which coast players aren't normally) both parties are going to get heavily wounded and sometimes its just not worth the risk.

But don't worry, I was on hand to save Barrwg and a pretty M4A3 CCO :P

Actually, i am playing since a week or something and i am wondering there are so many people calling them self not "Bandits".

I really NEVER found a Survivor who didnt shot me on sight!

Now my question is, are there still friendly people or where do they hide?

Always i am walking around and see some1 (AGAIN) thinking "Oh, this could be a good one" i am full of hope saying something to him like "dont shoot" and that's it i am dead...

Is this because the friendly are aware and stay away from me or is every1 shooting on people on sight?

I even tried to help some1 who shot me after i shot him falling unconscious... i tried bandage him and heal him up but his answer was shooting at me and then we killed each other.

The only friendly people i meet are new players on the coast who play the first time and i always am nice to them and help them and dont shoot...

So where do you hide, nice people? I bet every1 had a murder once...

I never had a murder, and i live the exact same situation as me, every single guy i get in contact with me kills me.. the only guys i've met that didn't kill me was when i was running away from like 10 zombies, these two guys arrived with their dirt bike, killed them all, bandaged and gave me blood and then they just left lol

I admit, on my very first day of playing dayZ yesterday I committed my first murder, I was heading into the church near elektro I think(still awful at navigating in this game), and I looked away from the screen for a second. I look back and theres a survivor standing right in front of me and I just start hacking away with my hatchet out of panic, needless to say I killed the guy, and took all of his crap. I probably would have tried to team up with him if I knew he was in there beforehand, but this was my first encounter with another survivor ever and I just freaked out :/

a few days ago i was at Balota airfield and i found these 2 guys that had axes, I decided to help them out since I had alot of medical supplies, and they were saying that they are friendly

i went to open my bag to take out some bandages and a blood bag to trade to them, they started hacking away at me i closed my inventory and fired on them killed one of them then the other guy asked for mercy so i let him live and went on with my business. 10 minutes later i was in the control tower and he came up to me with a makarov and shot me dead.

just goes to show that people are assholes sometimes

a few days ago i was at Balota airfield and i found these 2 guys that had axes, I decided to help them out since I had alot of medical supplies, and they were saying that they are friendly

i went to open my bag to take out some bandages and a blood bag to trade to them, they started hacking away at me i closed my inventory and fired on them killed one of them then the other guy asked for mercy so i let him live and went on with my business. 10 minutes later i was in the control tower and he came up to me with a makarov and shot me dead.

just goes to show that people are assholes sometimes

If that was me, I would've just shot them both, if he hacked at you once, he's 99% as likely to ddo it again, plus as they were together he probably went for vengence!

There's plenty of friendly survivors around still. Myself can the couple of friends I was playing with at the time found an ATV in the middle of Berezino. Some guy appeared, we said not to shoot and lowered our guns, and he turned around and gave us some guns / showed us his hideout. Gotta say, pretty brave of the guy in all honesty. He was seriously outgunned, and at no point did any backup on his side become apparent.

Another time in the NE airfield, we were heading from the control tower down to the hangers. Hugging the external wall, heard a soda can pop on the inside. Opened up voice chat, let the guy know we were outside and coming in, told him not to shoot etc. Cautiously entered (we only had his word that he was alone after all) and while the situation was a tense one, we passed by each other without incident. He carried up on to the control tower, while we did a brisk search of the hangers and went back to the forest.

Of course that's two purely anecdotal events. Last night we had a bigger group of 6, and (stupidly) were all exploring the same barn in Kabanino, I think. I step out of the barn, and instantly get my head blown off. Two more of us go down pretty much straight after, a fourth and fifth not far behind. Our last guy takes out two of them before making it into the woods. No contact was made at any point, we'd just been completely caught off guard and lost appropriately.

There are friendlies out there... or so I have heard.

I have never met a single person with a gun, who dident shoot at me.

So how the heck do you meet these rare friendlies?

Though it should be added, that not everyone with a ghillie suit is a bandit. I have one, and I dont shoot at people, who dosent shoot me me. I just like that people dont stare at me, hence the ghillie. And my DMR is for spotting for my team, not killing "new-spawns".

I'm always out there to help people especially with tons of new players joining every day, but everyone i've met in this game that hasn't just spawned is out to kill others. So basically I'm going rambo on everyones ass if i see you "they drew first blood"

I have been playing for three days and just saved my first life. It is a very rewarding experience I can tell you.

Also, first day on and I meet a guy in the barn around Bor. he is friendly, more experienced and leads us on a raid on the supermarket nearby.

There are still decent people out there.

friendlies are out there, dont give up on us.

I found my self handing weapons for several survivers that i just met, no backstabs yet.

There was one case where I was running into a small barn, followed by a bunch of zombies. I head up the stairs to position myself, and I start shooting with my remington. Moments later while i'm still killing zombies another player comes running in with more zombies. I yell at him to come up the stairs since he had no weapon, i wanted to help. I dispatch all the undead and we chat for a bit. He mentions that I was the first survivor that didn't shoot him on sight. He had no weapons so, I decided to take a risk and give him the extra m4 i was carrying. He picks up the m4, says "cool" and starts blasting away...at the nearest zombie lol. Few moments later he drops the m4 and it bugs out, m4 is lost. I sigh and then hand him a revolver. He then starts blasting away again at zombies. At this point im like "OK?" lol So I head my separate way.

I'm friendly =P

Though I'm a lot more cautious now since i have a ghillie, dmr and fal with nv.

Been playing for about 2 weeks now - current guy is on day 7. Murder count is 0.

Few close situations but managed to save my trigger finger.

Although to respond more specifically to OP - not once have I come across someone (who was armed with somthing more than a hatchet) who wasn't hostile.

ive been playing near enough a month in like 3-4 hour day spells, i have died on several occassions due to me trying to team up and not keeping my guard up, im currently near the air strip near komarov (i think thats how its spelt) erm got a g36c sienced and a m9 silenced and want to team up with someone to explore more of the map :) if someone who genuinly wants to team up either add me on steam: Gibbies92 or reply via a post :)

cheers

Honestly, I do try my best to be friendly. There is a huge problem with that though. You can NEVER trust anyone you find, trusting another player you don't know will 9 out of 10 times get you shot in the back (from my experience) I have some pretty good gear, and me and my buddys run into players a lot, I always keep my sights on them when we do, I refuse to loose a man because we found a player who we hoped would be friendly. Now I'm not saying there are not friendly players out there, I'm saying you never know if who you are dealing with is friendly or not! Regardless of what they say to you, there is always a chance they are lying about their intentions. From all that I've learned, I developed a system for when we encounter others. I call out to them in voice chat, telling them I am friendly, and that I will not shoot if they do as I say. I then generally tell them to turn around and run in a direction and leave the area completely, I then watch them as they go, until they are out of my sight and the area. When doing this I exercise extreme caution and if they do not respond to what I am saying in 3-5 seconds, I will take them down, this is not being a bandit, this is not taking chances, as I said earlier, I refuse to loose a man because we found a player who we hoped would be friendly.