Sign in to follow this  
Astroboy (DayZ)

Backpacks?

I've gotten most of the recent changes to how interactions work down, but I recent found a larger backpack and I can't figure out how to equip it. My buddy said you had to drop your current pack, and then pick up the new one.. so I did, and now I can't even equip the old one I had, with my firewood and food.

Can anyone tell me how to equip backpacks now? :l

When you find a new backpack, use middle mouse button while looking away from it, then look back at it. You should get an option to 'Take X backpack.' Do that, you'll equip it. Make sure to get your stuff out of your old one!

When you find a new backpack' date=' use middle mouse button while looking away from it, then look back at it. You should get an option to 'Take X backpack.' Do that, you'll equip it. Make sure to get your stuff out of your old one!

[/quote']

Much thanks friend! It seems quite odd that it needs to be done this way, is it an error?

I googled this to try and pick up a backpack but.. That didn't work. But I figured it out, Just to make a new point on this, To collect a Backpack now, it seems the only way is by scrolling your mouse to 'Take X backpack' instead of 'Open X backpack' and you'll simply take it.

I had abit of trouble when a backpack was piled ontop of some gear. I had to keep aiming around the pile of stuff until i saw 'Open X backpack' and I just scrolled.

If you have the same problem, try doing this.