Sign in to follow this  
Red Cactus

Battleye initialization failed

Hey guys, I just downloaded DAY-Z today and am running version 1.7.2.4. However, every time I try to join any server whatsoever I get a message saying "Battleye initialization failed", and can not connect. I would really appreciate some help with this problem I am having and would be extremely grateful for help on how to fix this. :)

Thanks,

Red Cactus

Hello!

how i fixed my problem

1. Uninstall battleye.

2. (when your running windows 7) Open up your "Computer." window and fill in C:\User\Computername\AppData\Local\Arma 2 OA\Battleye

And remove that data.

3. Download - or Reinstall the current Beta Patch, It will reinstall Battleye.

4. Reboot computer

5. Join a server, and if it still boots you go back into the C:\User Map and delete the battleye stuff again.

Hope it works out for you

Had to struggle with this initialization-problem aswell (and a problem with steam saying '!!MISSING STRING' when trying to update BattlEye). My sollution was to look up my whole machine for BattlEye-Folders, of which i found 4.

One in the userprofile under application data\Local\Arma 2 OA, one under c:\program files\Bohemia Interactive, and the 2 folders in the Gamefolders Arma2 and Arma2OA. Folderpaths/names may differ from OS and language, so do a simple search for BattlEye ;). In those BattlEye-folders i overwrote the both dll-files (client & server) with the ones from http://www.battleye.com/download.html .

That fixed it for me (well dont know about the missing string thing).

Good Luck