drmantistoboggan (DayZ)

Bring back global chat

I've been on a server today with side chat. I assure you global chat isn't gone, it's just not on most servers.

Isn't it only an option for earlier patches? This server wasn't running the latest patch.

I don't know how I played on a earlier patched server then, I'm running the latest patch.

I've been on a server today with side chat. I assure you global chat isn't gone, it's just not on most servers.

I'd love to have the name of this server.

I think Global Chat was useful, and made the game even better. Without Global Chat people rarely discuss and becomes a basic shooter. With Global Chat the game takes another dimension.

I'd love to have the name of this server.

I think Global Chat was useful, and made the game even better. Without Global Chat people rarely discuss and becomes a basic shooter. With Global Chat the game takes another dimension.

The server runs v1.7.2.3 but I played just fine with my v1.7.2.4 client files.

Edited by drmantistoboggan
  • Like 1

Yes, removing global chat and alienating new players by forcing PvP out of sheer nervousness is clearly the best update to DayZ yet. Let's just get it over with and relegate the game to basement dwellers, because this is clearly the direction in which the mod is headed.

Yes the game used to have cooperation because you could actually communicate before you got so close that you scared the shit out of people...now it is just Arma vanilla deathmatch....except with a larger map and zombie "obstacles" tossed in.

Only l337 freaks and their over-equipped "clans" want this...because they are already all on skype talking across the map...which breaks the spirit of the game IMHO and ought to ruin their precious "realisitc survival sim" feeling they talk about so much....direct chat isnt realisitc anyway, i can yell way farther than 40-80m

Edited by Mike133