Sign in to follow this  
HomelessRomantic

Friend can't see servers than I can + another issue

So my friend and I are trying to join a server where I have a camp set up. He can't see servers that I can see, and I can't see servers that he can see. Some servers we can both see, but this is very annoying because I have a vehicle, and tons of gear on a server he cannot join. We've tried searching with both the Six Launcher, and ingame.

I have had this happen with friends as well, sometimes we resolved this through refreshing the in game server listings multiple times over a few minutes. But this doesnt even fix it all the time, it is very aggrivating.

I have had this happen with friends as well, sometimes we resolved this through refreshing the in game server listings multiple times over a few minutes. But this doesnt even fix it all the time, it is very aggrivating.

So no definite solutions to this? I was thinking my friend's router was the issue since I'm directly connected to my modem. When I add ping/min player filters on my settings, I see 5x more servers than he does. Our pings are the same, so the servers that come up should be the same as well.

Been having this same issue for days now. It's always a 10 minute debacle trying to find a server all 3-5 of us can see that works and isn't too full/empty.

As to the reasons I can think of, if it isn't a version of 6L, or a server list needing to be refreshed, it has to come down to port/NAT settings maybe, and what servers you can/can't reach. In which case, I'm screwed lol. But I'm hoping there's an easier solution myself.

Been having this same issue for days now. It's always a 10 minute debacle trying to find a server all 3-5 of us can see that works and isn't too full/empty.

As to the reasons I can think of, if it isn't a version of 6L, or a server list needing to be refreshed, it has to come down to port/NAT settings maybe, and what servers you can/can't reach. In which case, I'm screwed lol. But I'm hoping there's an easier solution myself.

Are there any list of ports that dayz uses? I tried googling and couldn't find any.

gamespy is currently doing updates and maintenance, sixlauncher have a notice on their website aswell about it.

Seems it's showing certain servers at certain intervals, also read the bohemia website there is a discussion over there in their forums too.

They will fix it, it's not user related more technical at gamespy end.