gambles

Into the mind of a bandit.

Honestly I will let you live as long as you dont touch my bubble (10 feet) or dare to go near the now heavily fortified Zub castle which I call my home. I don't like visiters coming unannounced

I'm from Atlantic Canada, I recently had a triple fusion on my foot so I have about another 2-3 months of being laid up so I game all hours of the night and day haha.

What's your steam I'd man, I need people who won't shoot me as soon as I get a pack of food

still the same for me

investigating the cities and the other survivors is one of the most interesting parts in dayz, at least for me

But because of 90percentage of Assholoism out there, you need to investigate every single survivor in a good, very good hidden place, and with a very good armory ...

as seen here

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/50989-help-need-blood-transfusionadvice/#entry491326

im a real honesty player with no target at humans. But if a ghillie-suite-clown arrives with a sniper in his hands, i dont ask anything.

I play alone, I do this because the only person I can trust in this game is myself.

Picture this scenario.. Your in a 3 man group raiding the NW Airfield, looking for awesome spoils.. You all separate to go to the various loot spots.. Barracks and such.. You find an SVD camo and your supposed group mates have found nothing but ammo for guns they don't even have.. you meet back up and they are like WOW nothing but shit, then you say Hey guys look what I found!

They might have a think for a second or two about how lucky you have been, then them thoughts start to turn to jealousy.. its at that point your chances of living within the group have just gone down by 90%.

You either..

A ) Get shot by one of them because they want what you have.

B )Hope that you have found a group that no matter what WILL NOT under any circumstances kill you.

C ) Get the hell away from the group and go alone.

I know which one I think would happen. Personally, I'd just quietly depart ways from said group and enjoy the gun, rather than risk the famous 'You Are Dead' splashscreen.

I was skepitcal about this also, but I play with a group of 3-5 people, and it's worked out fine with us. We share and share a like. At the start, we were all paranoid about shooting each other, but we've all helped each other gear up. Yes, one of us might have better luck the first time we raid the airfield... But there's always the second, third, fourth, tommorow, next week, and so on :D

im a real honesty player with no target at humans. But if a ghillie-suite-clown arrives with a sniper in his hands, i dont ask anything.

Actually, I'm a total beginner 5 or 6 days into the game. My current character will see his 3rd day alive today, which is a HUGE success for me. I had the unlikely luck to find a Ghillie suit, but I'm quite afraid somebody might just shoot me because they might be thinking that a guy in a Ghillie suit must be dangerous and probably a murderer - which I am absolutely not.

Yesterday I got shot by a guy with some full auto as soon as I spotted him. I did not shoot back, but run! He shot me several times, I passed out while running and almost bled to death. Down to 750 blood. While being passed out the guy stood right over me, but did not finish me off. I dunno. When i regained conciousness, I ran like hell, but he did not kill me, even though he could have.

I am not sure what happened exactly, but my assumption is that he must've thought that a guy in a Ghille suit would kill him for sure, so he opened fire? I have my Mic off, so I couldn't shout "Friendly", and I was too het up to use Text Comms.. I'm not sure if it is good for me to have that suit. But I would never kill somebody else, not even for food or the best equipment or something. I just wouldn't.

Only murdered one guy in the beginning of the game, when I had just started (regret this) and killed a bandit who shot at me. I would so like to see a friendly face, but usually I don't dare use Direct Comms, because I fear that 99% of people are just murderers.. Am I right? I would like to think I'm not.

Also I don't like players who can't RPG a bit and feel the atmosphere of the game around them, and act accordingly. Some people obviously cannot do that or don't want to, no idea...

Edited by GrandAdmiralThrawn

OK, so I would say I have become a bandit now, so let me show you the inside of my mind.

I am in a crew of about 7, usually 3 of us on at any time. Some I knew IRL prior to the game. My character has been alive for 13 days, and I have 3 murders. Two of them were justified (1st guy was stealing shit from a crashed ATV I was guarding, second guy was trying to kill my mate in a wrecked chopper raid) and one was plain unlucky - ran up past my sniper spot with a zombie train, he had good gear so I dropped him on general princible.

You will not get shot if you are at super long range, and if you do nothing stupid (like the 3 guys exiting NWAF who all decided to stop and drink at a pond at the same time). Staying away from Stary and NWAF may be a good idea too. But then again, my team killed a guy running in the woods the other day in the middle of nowhere, so I guess there is no safe place now. See you on the field.

The end of this video dives into being a heartless bandit. A look "Into the mind of a bandit" so to speak.

I am a bandit but I am not terrible I have morals. I kill by three creeds.

Be polite. Bury your kills and put them down Mercifully.

Be efficient. Never take more than one shot two if they go down but do not die.

Have a plan to kill everyone you meet. Don't get caught off guard.

My group also operates on a few simple rules.

If you get killed your killer get's your loot. It's your fault and they deserve it.

If you are a dick you get killed. Or if you break any of our creeds. You're killed.

And if you ever attack a friendly.. Well you'll be crawling your way back to the camp.

Not all bandits are cunt's who have no morals.

Occidimus, pacis et quietis.

I have to admit, I've bumped into 3 genuine friendlies (who are strangers to me) and all of 3 of them were clearly adults. I'd estimate 21+.

I've only been killed once by a bandit, they could have been any age. Douchebag waited for me to start vaulting some wire he set down at the apartments in Cherno and then stepped out and hosed me xD.

Chandler, u r quoting my fav movie of all time, ever. Beans for that :)

"If I was half the man I was twenty years ago I'd take a FLAME THROWER to this place!!!!" Pacino ftw

Guess the phat lootz will always reign supreme ;)

True, there will always be those players out there looking to hoard all the best loot and who play DayZ like deathmatch (which it is so clearly not). But I suspect these players will get bored pretty soon once they feel like they have "beaten" the game by collecting all available items, as noob hunting is only fun for a while (after all, where's the challenge?).

The other possibility is that Rocket will eventually put in features that give these guys a more interesting role within the game. That is, if they could have their own bandit camps to store loot and organize raids, all while survivors do the same, then it would start to get really interesting imo. Basically I'm talking about base building. I think this will change everything once players are able to modify their environment.

Meanwhile, approach strangers with extreme caution, stay alert and trust no one :)

Mind of a Bandit = Derp...lets ruin the game derp...

Edit: My definition of a Bandit is someone who kills for any reason what.so.ever.

Edited by Grey Warden

Well I met a guy about a month ago near Cherno...he wasn't armed, so I gave him my revolver. You know what? He didn't shoot me.

We then went to his camp and I was accepted into his group...we've been playing ever since. They've never shot me.

I had a similar experience few days ago, just recently gotten killed by a hacker who teleported on me and shot me, kept spawning in the area of elektro, where i was killed. met a group of bandits trying to rob me, and they wanted me to follow them, then shortly after some sniper killed them and me, spawned same place again ran to my corpse only to meet a guy who ran up to me and blew himself up with me, spawned close to elektro again after that and met up with the guy who blew me up with the grenade and he gave me a M1911, MK 48 and a alice backpack and a FN FAL, that he got from some other corpse, i also got some night vision goggles. there are plenty of friendly players, and he was even a bandit(could hear that on his heart rate). all in all it was quite a fun day

Actually, I'm a total beginner 5 or 6 days into the game. My current character will see his 3rd day alive today, which is a HUGE success for me. I had the unlikely luck to find a Ghillie suit, but I'm quite afraid somebody might just shoot me because they might be thinking that a guy in a Ghillie suit must be dangerous and probably a murderer - which I am absolutely not.

Yesterday I got shot by a guy with some full auto as soon as I spotted him. I did not shoot back, but run! He shot me several times, I passed out while running and almost bled to death. Down to 750 blood. While being passed out the guy stood right over me, but did not finish me off. I dunno. When i regained conciousness, I ran like hell, but he did not kill me, even though he could have.

I am not sure what happened exactly, but my assumption is that he must've thought that a guy in a Ghille suit would kill him for sure, so he opened fire? I have my Mic off, so I couldn't shout "Friendly", and I was too het up to use Text Comms.. I'm not sure if it is good for me to have that suit. But I would never kill somebody else, not even for food or the best equipment or something. I just wouldn't.

Only murdered one guy in the beginning of the game, when I had just started (regret this) and killed a bandit who shot at me. I would so like to see a friendly face, but usually I don't dare use Direct Comms, because I fear that 99% of people are just murderers.. Am I right? I would like to think I'm not.

Also I don't like players who can't RPG a bit and feel the atmosphere of the game around them, and act accordingly. Some people obviously cannot do that or don't want to, no idea...

I dont want to say that every ghillie suite guy is an idiot/overbandit/murderer.

If i see you with a ghillie and an hatchet/makarov in your hand, happens just nothing. I try to say Hi, maybe

If i see you with a Lee Enfield or maybe an ak/m, i will try to ask you whats your target. if you dont answer, and dont run away, you probably will get shot. But usually you should answer and show your target.

But if i see a ghillie clown with a sniper in his hands, he will just get down if im fast enough. Snipers are assholes. These game is not developed to get sniped. Its rough survival, killing zed's, stick together, rush'n'raid as much ammo and supplies as you can. And of course, beware of the bandits!

I think doing that whole gain his trust in chat thing is total bottom feeder strategy.

Unsure if just bored or if actually deriving pleasure from gaining other people's trust before inevitably killing them.

I sometimes wonder if people that go out of their way to try and humiliate their victims in a game have a similar character in rl - a secret passenger locked somewhere in a dark corner of their heart.

I'm not saying it's wrong to do in dayZ, I just think it's a weird thing to do as a normal human being.

Btw I gave you a like so maybe you will give the next survivor you see a pass. or just kill him without the talk.

Edited by Alpo

Im a bandit. I dont kill out of spite and im in my 30's. I have three friends I play with but most of the time Im alone. I dont go hunting people to murder for the hell of it but when I cross paths with somone I shoot first and ask questions later because I dont like grouping with strangers it just makes me nervous :P

My theory is that my chances of survival are better if I nuetralize the threat and consolidate the consumables.(In my backpack)