jan-derk-pries@hotmail.de

Bad version in operation arrowhead server list

Hello together =)

if im in the lobby of opah i have the version 1.62.95417 but if i click on multiplayer i cant find server with this version because it change to version 1.62 i tried to fix it by opening it with the six launcher but it doesnt work and the six updater too . a friend has not that problem so i cant find most of servers he can find .

i installed arrowhead and opah new but it doesnt help pls help.

ps: my english is not that good =)

Since the update to 1.62.95417 I have this issue as well. Most servers will say I have a "Bad version, server rejected connection." Another friend of mine has it as well. Other friends don't have this issue and can join any up to date server. I use the six updater to update my game, nothing else. I use the Dayz Commander to luanch my game and join a server in most cases, but sometimes the multiplayer browser ingame as well. Both give the same results.

I have no clue what caused this or how to solve it, any help would be appreciated.

Yes, I have the same problem too but the dayz developers don't seem to participate in these forums, so we never know why these things happen. I haven't found anyone who can give me any constructive advice on what to do. I keep trying servers until I find one I can get into.

I'm sure there's an answer but I just cannot find it. Good luck, I hope you get an answer soon. :thumbsup:

i know now how it work

go here:

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

download the newest version at top extract it and install it

go in your arma opah folder there have to be a new thing called

Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch

rightclick copy it to your desktop

rightclick on the icon and then go on properties

there have to stand finish or aim or things like that there you have to write in the "link" where you saved your arma opah folder like this :

c:\desktop\arma2 operation arrowhead

or like this:

c:\steam\steamapps\common\arma2 operations arrowhead .

if you start it now about that icon it have to work.

if you have the problem AGAIN on another version download again the newest version and extract it in your arma2 opah folder

dont make the other shit... just start it then it have to work

Found my solution thanks to BulletEater who posted in another thread as it was driving me nuts seeing my versions were up to date and nothing wrong with my install. Post found at - http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48783-bad-version-server-rejected-connection/#entry497006

Basically don't launch the game through steam. It's still possible by using Dayz Commander (which I use), you just need to go to settings -> tick the box where it says "Replace original Arma2OA files with Beta so Steam works". I have managed to join 2 servers I am 100% sure about that I couldn't join before and have tried several random other servers without any issue. I hope this helps some of you.

gl & hf

Steam does not launch the beta version, unless you make it think that the beta .exe file is the non-beta version.

DayZ Commander now allows a steam overlay apparently, but I have not tried it.