Sign in to follow this  
SxyClutch

DayZ connection problems

Hey everyone,

I'm having a ton of issues connecting to anything DayZ. I either get stuck at loading screen, Waiting for character creation, or If I join the game is unplayable with graphical tearing. I have already completely reinstalled Arma 2, and Arma 2 OA. Re-verified steam cache, defragmented steam cache. Re-installed battleeye, and reinstalled Sixlauncher 3 times. I have also changed all my game settings to Low. I don't know what else to do. IS anyone else having these problems? It's been working fine until today. As a side note i'm not sure if its normal for everyone but the connecting process to a game takes above 5 minutes. I can't just click on a server and go.

This latest patch introduced a lot of graphical tearing issues.

DayZ has always had problems with connectivity, you just have to keep on trying until you find a group of servers that work great for you and just rotate between them. I say a group because if one goes down, it's nice to have another that you know works. For instance I know when you search "US35" in the filter, all of the servers that show up work perfectly for me, and I join them quickly instead of having to wait for a long period of time.