Sign in to follow this  
Skyl1n3

Barbed Wire!

It's EVERYWHERE and It's really annoying running into a building while being chased or even investigating a building only to get blocked by fricken' barbed wire fencing!

It doesn't even serve any purpose! Zeds just walk through it as if it's not even there!

Can it just be removed as it's more of a nuisance than any kind of defence!

Barbed wire is absolutely balanced and shouldnt be changed in any way.

In fact most people dont even know how to setup the fences correctly to really make entering buildings or rooms nearly impossible.

How about no. It doesn't serve a purpose? My clan uses it to guard our central base from noobs.

You can just hop over it you know, I stand by my original statement.

Barbed wire is a joke in this game, I don't think rocket understands what Barbed or razor wire entails.

WHY DO I NEED TO EAT, BUT ZEDS CAN WALK THRU BARBED WIRE?

Barbed wire you can get threw rather easily, coat, mat, even a dead body and you're over barbed wire. Zeds wouldn't even be able to walk thru it, it's barbed wire, if its gonna keep cows and bulls in line, it will keep zeds at bay. Realistic my ass, they Walk thru it?

Now Razor wire, Zeds, you, and even you inside a zed aren't gettin thru. It's going to cut big holes in your flesh, bigger than you'd walk away from. Zed's would pull themselves apart going thru this stuff, would be a way to kill them.

Now which we wanna really have.

Edited by Deacyde

Yes you can hop over it, if said barbed wire is bugged and not placed correctly. Even so if you do hop over the bugged or improperly placed barbed wire have fun with a high chance of breaking your leg. Even if we cant use it to completely stop people from getting into the base it slows them down significantly so they can get shot.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/37119-barbed-wire-removal/

Press V and 9/10 times you hop over it, easy.

Edited by Robolord

Cat wire for its intended purpose is fine.

The fact that it keeps coming back every server restart even if you've removed it isn't quite as acceptable.

Yes you can hop over it, if said barbed wire is bugged and not placed correctly. Even so if you do hop over the bugged or improperly placed barbed wire have fun with a high chance of breaking your leg. Even if we cant use it to completely stop people from getting into the base it slows them down significantly so they can get shot.

http://dayzmod.com/f...d-wire-removal/

Never broken my leg or even been injured hopping over barbed wire, even hopping directly onto it doesn't do a damn thing to my character.

Edited by Skyl1n3

No, you can't just hop over it actually. Very rarely can I hope over it and there's no point in getting a tool box when the part of the barbed wire I need to cut is protruding through a wall.

I've never had a problem standing over barbwire...even when its blocking a door way.

Change Barbed Wire Fences to function as follow:

It cannot block anyone's path, unless it's a animal then they will naturally avoid walking into it.

You can 'walk' into a barbed wire fence, at a cost of a chance of 'bleeding' and getting stuck in it for a brief period of time (encroach) if you get tangled up.

Zombies and players can enter it, zombies won't bleed out or anything or take damage at all, but would likely get stuck in it more than a player. After some time of struggling, the barbed wire fence will start losing durability and gets destroyed.

This renders the wire useless long term, but useful short term to deter people from getting into a place because they risk getting stuck and bleeding.

* You cannot bandage yourself if you get tangled on these, because it consistently causes you to bleed.

This is more like a trap weapon than a wall, because you can use it at night to make a death trap for players who runs through forests.

What I just explained is like a bear trap, but wider and longer radius and can hit multiple targets until it's durability wears off lol!

Edited by dra6o0n

No, you can't just hop over it actually. Very rarely can I hope over it and there's no point in getting a tool box when the part of the barbed wire I need to cut is protruding through a wall.

9/10 I can hop over barbed wire.