Sign in to follow this  
fuzzy mcdoodle

Zombie Hordes

I was talking with some friends while playing, and I thought it might be cool to have a horde of about 30-50 zombies walking on the streets ala The Walking Dead.

I can imagine players having to avoid whole cities or areas because a horde was coming by, and anyone caught in it is essentially dead.

Just an idea.

This has been mentioned and posted about before, you should read the forums before starting a new thread. Just saying.

This has been mentioned and posted about before' date=' you should read the forums before starting a new thread. Just saying.

[/quote']

I looked through the forums titles to see if something similar was mentioned, but saw nothing. I'm not going to go through each and every thread to see one specific detail, that would be ridiculous.

No need to be a forum cop when they have moderators.

Let's leave the moderating to the moderators.

On topic though, I'd really love to see more dangers in the countryside as you can more or less survive forever once you get a hunting knife, matches, and a canteen without going into a major town ever again. I think zombie hordes wandering the wilderness and roads would be an excellent way to bring a bit of danger to the wilderness.

Maybe even add some sort of incentive for survivors to kill the hordes, like some sort of loot you can find on the corpses.

The countryside definitely could use some more dangers. Maybe zombified animals? 0_o

Sorry though: On-Topic:

I'm not sure we need any more zombies in the cities! :p

The countryside definitely could use some more dangers. Maybe zombified animals? 0_o

Oh god, having zombified dogs chase after you would be terrible... damn.

Let's leave the moderating to the moderators.

Just saying.,..

Zombie dogs and sheep. now there's something.. Attack from a cow.. LOL

I also proposed that in my thread.

Zombified Bears, Dogs etc pp

MAKE IT HAPPEN BLIZZARD!!! oh, wait wrong forum.... MAKE IT HAPPEN RIOT!!! fuck.... again..... MAKE IT HAPPEN ROCKET!!!!!!!!

Zombie hordes are a great idea. The only problem I see with them is that they will put strain on servers if you do too much. I thought of an idea that could help put more danger in the wilderness without straining servers as much. Let players who die become zombies and let said zombies gain additional AI zombie followers along the way. If the player dies as a zombie then they go back to being a survivor. Additional ai zombies join you when you enter cities and they follow you around to help you attack survivors and give you a hand while you search for survivors in the forests, the cities and pretty much anywhere.

This way you have smart zombie hordes that keep you always paranoid looking around while you cook meat or enter cities.