Sign in to follow this  
starshard0

Not Sure if Hacker, or I Just Suck

So, being the relatively inexperience player that I am, I tend to stick to the wilderness to avoid other players. I'm very friendly, and won't shoot at anyone unless they shoot me first. Yes, I understand that I'll probably die more often than not, but I'm willing to deal with that in order to try to make the game a little bit more fun for others.

In my most recent playthrough, however, I ran into a bit of a problem. After looting the hospital in Elektro for some blood bags and morphine, I took to the hills and started heading west. Being the (presumably) smart noob that I am, I figured that staying away from cities would keep me safe from other players.

After having some success locating gear and supplies, I reached the western end of the map, north of Kamenka, and began to loot the deer stands on my way to Zelenogorsk to hit the market.

I had no luck with the deer stands, but as I was traveling just southeast of Pavlovo, something strange happened. First I was running straight ahead, then I was facing the other way. Next thing I know, I'm on the ground, and I see someone in a ghillie suit running away from me. Then I hear the sound of an automatic weapon before I die.

"What the hell just happened?", I though to myself. I had done everything right. I avoided the cities, stuck to the forests, avoided hotspots. But here, in the random wilderness of a server with less than 15 people, I was shot and killed.

So I ask you, people of the DayZ forums, what the hell happened to me?

• Like 2

what the hell happened to me?
I had done everything right. I avoided the cities, stuck to the forests, avoided hotspots. But here, in the random wilderness of a server with less than 15 people, I was shot and killed.

I think you answered your own question hehe

You say you were running straight ahead, you were easy to spot due to running, and this guy was probably taking a similar route to the Zeleno market.

Edited by WisdomSnork

Probably just really unlucky, that guy could have been doing what you where doing, then just happened to see you. Highly doubt it was a bug/glitch.

Sucks, but I enjoyed reading your story. You should become a story writer. I mean this in the most non-sarcasm way. :thumbsup:

Better luck next time. I'm sure we all know how it feels to die and say "WTF?"

Beans for thread title, I laughed out loud. <3