Sign in to follow this  
drmccleod

Please may I have a gun?

First game yesterday. Joined UK server ~ 9pm local time. Late evening, but a bright moon. Spent 2 hours creeping about trying to find a gun. Nearly died of thirst but found can of pop in a barn. Most satisfying. Nearly pooped my pants when I stopped running through a wood and my torch popped up in front of me - looking just like a skull. Sound effects fricken scary, especially the music. Logged out near Green Mountain when the graphics started glitching. Didn't see another player, or a gun. Any tips for locating a shooter?

• Like 1

Barns are your friend for some basic form of weaponry. Makarov pistols occasionally appear in houses and residential buildings. If you can find a general store (it's like a mini-supermarket) they often have guns and backpacks of various kinds. Welcome to DayZ :)

Edited by Astronomer

G-Green Mountain?

TURN BACK NOW DO NOT GO TO GREEN MOUNTAIN DON'T ASK WHY JUST DON'T DO IT

• Like 2

Aaaand we will never seen him again. Another person consumed by the Green Mountain :(

There is this airfield at the northwest corner of the map.. lots of very nice guns there...

(Some of them may already be in hands of other players who may or may not be aiming at your head from 400m+ away. Pay no attention to this)

There is NOTHING at Green Mountain. Nothing. No good loot, nothing worth while.

There is a mass grave of NPC sprites, and a dozen zombies.

Nothing extraordinary.