Sign in to follow this  
radosm

Should Dayz have more npc enemies besides zombies ?

New npcs  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dayz have other npc enemies beside zombies ?

• Yes, but make sure that they lean more towards realism (i.e wildlife etc...)
    • No
    • Yes, and it does not matter if they are realistic or not, as long as they make the game more challenging and scary

Should Dayz have more enemy npcs besides zombies ? In my opinion adding new npcs could make the game even more scary and dangerous, and that would make the game a lot more fun. Personally believe that it does not matter if the npcs are a bit unrealistic, as long as they make them right. For example :

post-44109-0-99622100-1343574937_thumb.j

post-44109-0-77877000-1343574958_thumb.j

Quarantine military(adding to the story) that will patrol the military locations after salvageable material and civilians at random times.

cannibal bandits/w camps at random locations (npcs that shoots, not so good but fair enough, wants to eat your flesh too)

etcetcetcetcetcetcetcetcetc

• Like 1

NPC bandit camps that you can raid, spawns randomly like heli crashes.

I think perhaps having groups of military patrolling the airfields and other high-end military loot spawns in hazmat suits, shooting everyone on sight (anyone who has been exposed to the contagion) might be interesting. Would make it a bit harder for people to camp/control those spawns, although im not sure what kind of situation would arise with the zombie spawns there, perhaps some sort of endless firefight as the military try to hold out against both infected and survivors.

While I'd like to see the effects of military NPCs etc. I don't think it suites the game. I know it's all a bit negative at the moment but I think we should keep the 'humans' as players and avoid NPCs who target players etc.

Mostly I'd like to see more variation in Zombies, just to add tactical elements (the current breed are still basically the same as eachother). However I think we should avoid going for any Resident Evil Tyrant style stuff in DayZ. I think 'Boss Monsters' would take away from the feel of the game.

oh and +10 for aggressive (hell even just intelligent) wildlife.

I think in the standalone the borders should be blocked with walls and structures to enforce the quarantine and guarded by a largely unseen military force. If you get too close to the border/walls or attack them they will shoot you.

I think 'Boss Monsters' would take away from the feel of the game.

I agree, and i do not want Boss Monsters, what i want is different types of monsters who all have different personalities and weaknesses. For example some would be very smart and would try and come at you from behind , and some would be dumb and just charge at you. Some move in packs while others move alone etc... But they would all be killable with even the weakest weapon.

Edited by radosm

No to human NPC type enemies. NPC bandit camps to raid?? Grow some balls and raid a legit one. Yes to wildlife (wolves , bears etc)

No to human NPC type enemies.

Agreed. There should be a distinct difference between NPCs and Human players. Adding NPC bandits or any other normal human that is not a player has no purpose. The NPCs should be anything but normal humans.

Slightly off topic, but in relation to the OP's images I'd love to see a version of a ARMAII/DayZ/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. hybrid. :)

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but in relation to the OP's images I'd love to see a version of a ARMAII/DayZ/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. hybrid. :)

Hehe , I believe that anyone who played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. would know that it has a similar feeling to Dayz , and if they took some of the mutants from S.T.A.L.K.E.R and put them into Dayz , it would make the game really awesome. Also the maps in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. could be used in Dayz , the swamps and pripyat come to mind :)

• Like 1

Hehe , I believe that anyone who played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. would know that it has a similar feeling to Dayz , and if they took some of the mutants from S.T.A.L.K.E.R and put them into Dayz , it would make the game really awesome. Also the maps in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. could be used in Dayz , the swamps and pripyat come to mind :)

I once suggested the Arma engine for its open world streaming and scripting capabilities on the S.T.A.L.K.E.R./gsc-game forums - and got shouted down by people saying 'its a crap engine, it can't handle indoor scenes, the clipping, collision detection and AI are terrible etc. etc.' :)

Back on topic I'd love to see some AI military squads or bandit factions roaming around, non-infected surviours in woods, wildlife to be wary of (Boiling Point anyone?), slow zombie hordes roaming the wild etc. etc.

it would be cool if the woods were crawling with wolves, bears and dangerous animals like that, but i'm afraid that arma 2 engine wasn't made for that ^^

Well, I remember talk about dogs being implemented at some point. Who knows whats up with that though