Sign in to follow this  
rocu

Artifacting / Graphical glitches [video]

"Artifacting" or just graphical glitches started for me about a few weeks ago when first 1.7.2 patches came out, or even before that. It didn't bother me much back then because it happened very rarely and and wasn't really affecting my gameplay. Now after 1.7.2.4 things have gone so much worse that in certain areas of the map I just can't navigate around anymore. Two of the places that I've seen it so far are Balota Airfield and Berezino city. I have tried dozens of different graphical settings, I've googled the problem, searched through the forums and still nothing. Right now I'm about to try a fix that was actually posted into Dayz forums, I will let you know how it will turn out. But that still doesn't change the fact that this game has a huge issue right now.

Anway, here's a little demonstration video to show you what I'm talking about:

If it's any help, I'll post my PC specs aswell:

CPU: Intel i7 2600k 3.4GHz

RAM: G.Skill F3 8gb 2133 Mhz

GPU: Nvidia GTX580 1536mb

(these are the main components that may affect the graphical part of dayz, didn't feel the need to list out anything else)

Edited by Rocu
  • Like 2

Known 2.4 issue. Wait for a fix. It sometimes even fixes itself for a while!

man, just got killed because of this. couldnt see a THING. my whole screen was completely screwed up.

I mainly have it at green mountain and NW airfield. Some in berenzino, tho my buddy cannot see anything and he is stuck there...

I and my friends all have the same issue. We also have it at cherno. We think it is related to the dead soldiers bodies because it seems to occur where they are.

It's all from the military stuff like military tents in Stary, Berezino, etc and I think some broken down army vehicles.

This is from the Broken Humvees you find at the military areas. should be a top priority fix for the Devs, prolly will be a hotfix this weekend or next week

Rocket just needs to remove barbwire until he get the underground in. From my experience the stuff is exclusively used to either grief or by noobs that think its cool to put it around their tents in the middle of the woods not realizing its like a beacon.

Now with helicopters coming back in our tents and convoys are even less safe making even the redundant barb wire fence for your tents pointless.

At the very least DONT LET IT STAY PAST SERVER RESTART FOR 7 DAYS or better yet let the server admins disable it server side or even choose to clear it all out on restarts.... i mean 7 days to have to deal with 90% of critical structures griefed.....not fun especially when you can even enter most towns due to the GFX glitch.

Anyone else getting lower framerate after the patch before like 50 after patch 25-30 !

Seems artefacts became more severe with this patch i dare to say that + frame drop ruined the game for me. Why ?

Cause in towns im getting it every 10-15 secconds which gets me killed. And right now the game is unplayble for me ;)

.http://dayzmod.com/f...ts/#entry437067

Cpu Phenom II x2 555 black edition

Ram 4gb Kingston

Video : Ati Radeon HD 6790 1GB DDR5

nothing clocked :)

Edited by BIGDOG3

seems to be from dead Z soldiers, possibly blown up humveeeeeees

Yeah it must be something to do with military equipment. I had the same thing again in Stary near the military tents.

Really REALLY hope it will be fixed asap. This is literally making the game unplayable.

Very short term/temporary fix for this. I have the same issue - just started for me when BI added graphical options...

hold shift + numpad "-" shift + #pad - (hold both then release, press nothing else until you type flush)

then type flush

Your screen will go black for a moment, same as if you changed a graphic option and come back. Ive had to do this sometimes 3-4 times in a row but it can help you get through an area or around an area you just can't see.

Edit: May require left side shift, its what i use... so if right side shift has no affect, try left side shift if needed

Edited by Complexlol

I'm having the same exact problems. I'm stuck at the military base near Balota airfield. My guy is about to die. :( Low hydration, high hunger, low blood. All because of this glitch.

And if the barbedwire defenses are giving you trouble, you can step over them if you click V.

At NW Airfield at the top of the fire station (was lucky I even got there) now I can't see a thing. don't want to risk looking for the ladder. when will this be fixed?