ushiri@gmail.com

Falling damage, very unrealistic!

DayZ falling damage, realistic or not?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about DayZ falling damage:

• It feels like youre 90 years old with a skeleton decease!
    • I think its good as it is

I was in a barn and fell a meter and broke my leg.

I fell 2 meters and broke a leg, then bandaged and fell to the ground from 2 meters more, then I died.

isnt this a bit farfetched?????

This is very unrealistic, I´ve fallen 2 meters in real life, got hit by a car, without

breaking anything. I´ve been rollerblading since 1996 up to days date and never broken

anything even if I jumped from real crazy stuff, of course I learned how to do it.

But if this mod will get a serious feeling it must have realistic falling

damage. It feels like everyone ingame have a skeleton decease and are 90 years old.

Does anyone agree with me here?

• Like 6

I heavily agree. WTF is with the fall damage/breaking leg system. It's like I'm made of sugercanes

• Like 2

I feel like it's not a problem with DayZ, but a problem with the ArmA 2 engine.

• Like 1

fall 2 meters onto uneven ground carrying a rifle, vest with ammo and a backpack almost your own weight and tell me you are ok

this system forces you to take your time most importantly. i hope they dont change fall damage at all

You would probably break your leg falling from 2 meters if you stand with your legs straight like my retarded character does yea, why isn't there a falling animation on the game where if you fall from a certain height you'd crouch-n-roll to avoid much damage?

Maybe a suggestion?

Edited by Skyl1n3

Well, keep in mind you are falling with a backpack full of gear.

You could easily add 10–20kg, more even, depending on what is in your inventory.

Your also unable to use your hands, since you are wielding a weapon of some sort.

Let us not forget that there is also the difference between falling when your aware of the fall, i.e. Jumping with rollerblades, and slipping with ones foot and falling uncontrollably to the ground (with a hatchet and knife attached to your toolbelt ;))

Tl;dr, its fine as it is.

Edited by TigerMoth
  • Like 1

You would probably break your leg falling from 2 meters if you stand with your legs straight like my retarded character does yea, why isn't there a falling animation on the game where if you fall from a certain height you'd crouch-n-roll to avoid much damage?

Maybe a suggestion?

It's something that could possibly be implemented. The thing about falling from heights is that the engine handles it very clumsily - hell, I'm scared to run near the edges of roofs for fear of tumbling over. Hopefully the ArmA 3 engine will handle fall damage a little bit better. Perhaps we'll even see the ability to jump.

I feel like it's not a problem with DayZ, but a problem with the ArmA 2 engine.

UH WTF in arma you dont break your legs... -_- it was added with dayz

It's something that could possibly be implemented. The thing about falling from heights is that the engine handles it very clumsily - hell, I'm scared to run near the edges of roofs for fear of tumbling over. Hopefully the ArmA 3 engine will handle fall damage a little bit better. Perhaps we'll even see the ability to jump.

That is, in my opinion, good. In real life, im quite terrified of falling from heights, and DayZ is the only game so far that has accurrately portrayed this.

In a real zedcalypse, you'd be pretty terrified of falling and breaking your leg.

Not sure why you would want jumping implemented, all i see is bunnyhopping and adding nothing of value to the game :(

Don't play the game if you don't like the mechanics, jumping wasn't included for a reason.

I feel like its not a problem at all.

Stop jumping off things.

You accidentally press the wrong button -.-

Not to mention how screwed up the broken leg system is. It never heals, and the only thing that helps is Morphine!

• Like 1

How is it remotely unrealistic? You've been playing far to many generic first person shooters.

Jumping off things that are more than 2m high in real life can often end badly.

if you fall from a certain height you'd crouch-n-roll to avoid much damage?

"crouch-n-roll" after falling 2 meters onto uneven ground carrying a rifle, vest with ammo and a backpack almost your own weight and tell me you are ok

You accidentally press the wrong button -.-

Not to mention how screwed up the broken leg system is. It never heals, and the only thing that helps is Morphine!

Really, that's going to be your arguement?

If you fall off something by accident you shouldn't get hurt? How about be careful and you won't fall off stuff and if you do then you get hurt. How does that not make sense?

When was the last time you broke your leg and it healed without any medical attention after a couple days?

I hate the mechanic but I understand it's purpose and wouldn't want it removed.

UH WTF in arma you dont break your legs... -_- it was added with dayz

In Arma you can wound your legs after falling from a small height - not really breaking them, but your character will be limping and moaning.

Sigh.

What is hard to understand about an Alpha, anything can kill you.

Why would you try and fall 2 meters in a mod like Day Z, are you retarded?

This isn't like other shooters, you don't jump 10m and get a red screen and magically come back to full health, what is hard for you people to understand about this.

I was in a barn and fell a meter and broke my leg.

I fell 2 meters and broke a leg, then bandaged and fell to the ground from 2 meters more, then I died.

isnt this a bit farfetched?????

This is very unrealistic, I´ve fallen 2 meters in real life, got hit by a car, without

breaking anything. I´ve been rollerblading since 1996 up to days date and never broken

anything even if I jumped from real crazy stuff, of course I learned how to do it.

But if this mod will get a serious feeling it must have realistic falling

damage. It feels like everyone ingame have a skeleton decease and are 90 years old.

Does anyone agree with me here?

I agree with this, I fell off of an inside catwalk, one flight up and died. I think IRL I would have sprained an ankle.

• Like 1

Anyone who says it's fine is lying. One time I ran off from the stairs in the barn by accident and I swear, I fell only like 3 steps and I broke my legs. Luckily I had some morphine, so I got away with it. But I still lost a lot of blood.

Edited by Sutinen
  • Like 1

fall 2 meters onto uneven ground carrying a rifle, vest with ammo and a backpack almost your own weight and tell me you are ok

this system forces you to take your time most importantly. i hope they dont change fall damage at all

I understand what you mean with backpack and rifle + vest....the thing is that I didnt have any stuff on me except painkillers,hatchet,bandage.

Thats whats so irritating.

And as people mentioned here, Its the arma2 engines limitation, I guess its not so good at handling falling at all. I´ve been playing Operation flashpoint and Armed assault also, and it wasnt until arma2 you could walk over obstacles with "V" If im correct... Its a very good engine for taking care of extremly big maps, but the physics allways sucked. Its happening ocne in a while when u driving a tank that it bounces 50 meters up in the air...and that takes the whole realism thing away.... As this thing being made of glass has done for. especially in a mod like DayZ where you only have one life.

My idea is that they take down 50% of the falling damage in DayZ until Arma3 has come out and this problem hopefully will go away.

That is, in my opinion, good. In real life, im quite terrified of falling from heights, and DayZ is the only game so far that has accurrately portrayed this.

In a real zedcalypse, you'd be pretty terrified of falling and breaking your leg.

Not sure why you would want jumping implemented, all i see is bunnyhopping and adding nothing of value to the game :(

The bunnyhopping will never be in any of Bohemias titles, I think it would more be like when you press a button the character will take a long jump, and this will put away half your fatique or something like that, its not hard to make this work, even in this title I think.

Let us not forget that there is also the difference between falling when your aware of the fall, i.e. Jumping with rollerblades, and slipping with ones foot and falling uncontrollably to the ground (with a hatchet and knife attached to your toolbelt ;))

I´m 100% with you there...and this is the thing I meant, If I´m walking on a roof, my footing would never be so clumsy that I would fall of the roof. Actually, Counterstrike had a very good and easy way when walking around, Bohemias titles has never had it so perfected that lots of other games have. Except we all love Bohemia for NOT being shooters and instead simulation. So its time they fix this thing with falling.

Sigh.

What is hard to understand about an Alpha, anything can kill you.

Why would you try and fall 2 meters in a mod like Day Z, are you retarded?

This isn't like other shooters, you don't jump 10m and get a red screen and magically come back to full health, what is hard for you people to understand about this.

The problem is that this Mod/game is no longer in Alpha, its BETA!

About being a retard, I think you have problems with your attitude.

• Like 1