iReJambo

is the full verison of ARMA 2 CO easier to run than the demo

i installed the demo from steam and i can run it on very low with zero lag, just wondering if the full game runs smoother than the demo because im on the fence about buying the game from steam. thanks for any replies :)

ERrrrr, not really. Would suggest getting a better computer if you want good graphics ^^

Cause the Demo is basically the game....sooo ya.

Edited by Tenebris Draco
  • Like 1

I know that the full version had loads of patches to improve the performance of it but I've never played the demo I'm afraid so I can't compare it. When i first played Arma it ran like a bitch on my PC, now it runs like a dream on the same rig.

*edit* - Also it's worth noting that it's a really processor heavy game as opposed to your GFX card.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

yeah. it runs with no lag or anything on very low on my set up but i think it wont be fun on day z since the viewing distance and graphics will be poor . probably be killed from people who i cant even see . lame .

I just had a thought that might help. Try the free download of Arma Lite. It's basically Arma with lower res textures. If that runs ok then combine it with OA and when you run Day Z the textures for the map will be running at a lower res and should really help your FPS. Or it might not. Worth a try though.

*edit8 - also I just remembered. Theres a quirk in Arma that means if you lower your GFX settings too much it can actually negativley effect your performance because it takes all of the pressure off of your GFX card and dumps it onto your CPU. Definatley turn off PPE and lower your veiw distance otherwise try messing around with other things. Good luck.

Edited by Fraggle

I just had a thought that might help. Try the free download of Arma Lite. It's basically Arma with lower res textures. If that runs ok then combine it with OA and when you run Day Z the textures for the map will be running at a lower res and should really help your FPS. Or it might not. Worth a try though.

*edit8 - also I just remembered. Theres a quirk in Arma that means if you lower your GFX settings too much it can actually negativley effect your performance because it takes all of the pressure off of your GFX card and dumps it onto your CPU. Definatley turn off PPE and lower your veiw distance otherwise try messing around with other things. Good luck.

i think its because of my gfx. i have a quad core 2.0ghz and 4gb ramm. whats ppe btw?

I have to say that the one thing that will put you at a fairly severe disadvantage is lowering your view range, I'd much rather lower detail and shadows and put up with a slightly lower framerate than have a shorter view range than other players. In this game half the fight is seeing someone before they see you, especially with the KOS attitude running rampant.

There are a couple of comprehensive tweak guides out tehre, both ingame settings and cfg/ini file settings, all of which can add up to a huge performance boost, so I would recommend giving them all a go and see where u stand then. Good luck!

• Like 1

i think its because of my gfx. i have a quad core 2.0ghz and 4gb ramm. whats ppe btw?

Post process effects. A lot of people turn it off altogether. I actually like it but you need a decent rig otherwise you just get blurring.