Sign in to follow this  
BuddyMcFriend

_.-General Chat-._

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hey everyone, I wanted to start something, if it catches on that's great, if not, that's fine too. Basically, I didn't want to keep starting threads about questions I have and things that happened to me because I would only be adding to the clutter with 10 more topics. So my idea (granted it was most likely not revolutionary) was to start a small chat-lounge so that anyone can say anything they want and people will respond. It's basically like a forum, but for all of the unnecessary threads like a few that I've posted (maybe this one is too :P ). It probably won't work out, but my heart won't break if it doesn't; I just wanted to chat with a few good (or bad) soldiers on here.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

For my first post:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

So I've been hoarding these M1911 mags for a while now, I have six on my belt and four in my pack (not to mention the 4 ACP rounds; survival is for those who improvise!), and I'm not sure if I should drop them or not. I mean, I don't really need any more room for food or drink, what I could possibly make room for is more medical supplies, but still. Do you think I should drop many of the mags because of how ineffective this weapon is currently? I can't help just pickin' em up when I see them on the ground all shiny in their boxes.

Edited by BuddyMcFriend

To answer your question - I only carry a maximum of six clip for my pistol at one given point (2 bandages fill the rest of my secondary inventory.) Because pistol ammo (especially .45 rounds) are so relatively common, I find that, unless I decide to massacre an entire town of zombies, I never have a problem running out of ammunition for my revolver.

As for the inefficiency of .45 pistols...At this point, I honestly think it's your personal choice. For example, I personally LOVE the iron sights of the revolver, and I've always had a small fetish for six-shooters, so I prefer it over the M1911 (although I really like that pistol as well,) Makarov, and so on. Technically speaking, either the G17 or the M9 will be your best bet if you're looking to conserve ammunition (if I remember correctly, the two weapons share magazines, just like the revolver and M1911) but ammunition for either of those guns is rarer than .45 clips/magazines.

Basically what I'm saying is, all of the pistols suck at this point, so you might as well pick the one that you prefer the most.