chhopsky

DayZ is not a deathmatch and the statistics prove it

Just thought I'd point out that hackers placing entire servers full of people 2000 feet in the air and having them fall to their death, doesn't count as a "murder"

<,<

dude chcopsky man you could be making the most sense in the world but the amount of words used and effort put in is only translating into making you seem really odd right now. at no point did i ever find myself wanting to read more than 1 paragraph of either of those posts

Just thought I'd point out that hackers placing entire servers full of people 2000 feet in the air and having them fall to their death, doesn't count as a "murder"

<,<

Of course not, but it does create new survival attempts for everyone that died, artificially inflating the total instances figure.

I see no point in quoting statistics, instead if you play the game enough you will see that your wrong about this. I, for one, have had countless adventures end by way of bandit mostly snipers, which i don't mind, because hey shit happens right. My problem with this particular style of "PVP" is that it takes the word versus right out of it. I've done it sometimes myself but honestly where's the versus when your just getting killed from 400+ metres without even knowing the guy is there, and to top it off this has been the only style of "PVP" i have encountered and lost. I tend to run around the towns and actually engage other players, giving them a fighting chance and if i die hey i die. But let's stop calling this long distant sniping "PVP" because in reality, it's just not.

Someone obviously learned to analyze statistics off the back of a cereal box. You're taking population statistics and only applying variables that suit your argument. Wow. Stick to what you know, else you wind up looking like a dumb ass.

You're wrong. Simple as that.

It is a deathmatch. The only people that I've seen working together are the ones without guns.

I spent 2 days in Electro getting some preety good gear.

-Czech Backpack

-2 Blood packs

-Food/Water

-M16A2 with 3 clips

-PDW 2 clips

-Morphene

After getting this gear I immediately starting heading north. I was running full speed through the foothills in the dense forest north of electro when I got sniped for no reason.

The spawn prior to this I got sniped before I even got a gun.

Spawn before that I was ran over by a truck.

I assure it IS a deathmatch. A simple solution to this problem would be to create 2 teams and have also create some new Elite Zomebies that drop good loot sometimes but are hard as hell to kill.

You're wrong. Simple as that.

I've had a minimum of 15-20 encounters with other armed survivors, and neither of us fired. I have had roughly the same number of encounters that ended up with shots being fired.

I see your anecdotal evidence, and raise you mine!

Alot of people seem to die to Zombies. I really don't know how you could. Does thunderdome and server nuking count as murders?