roarboar

I get how this game is meant to be played

I have died many times in this game, 90 % of the times I did not even know where the fire came from.

If i try to run around and kill some people, its not going to happen, ill get sniped from 2 KM away, i simply dont have a chance.

Solution: I picked a building, went prone, and remained there for a good solid 8 hours staring ONLY at the doorway waiting for someone to come in.

And what results, I managed to pick up a new nice weapon, a new backpack.

Other than that there were mostly ppl with average rifles and 1 ghillied sniper but he alt f4'd before I could loot him.

Ima stay in this building for a few more days and see how it goes.

It's certainly a viable way to play the game, however boring it may be.

As opposed to walking through the empty woods from elektro to the NW airfield and then switching from server to server until you find loot?

Because that seems to be how most people play the game.

I was one of those guys i think >.< however, it is a viable, and somewhat boring strategy. You gotta have another game playing in the background on a console or some shit. Or some music. Or hell, invite over some strippers. But that just seems WAAAY to boring for me

What (should) keep you on the move is the need for survival. However, if you have a (decent) weapon at least, and enough food and water you don't really need to do anything. In a real situation you would be doing things to prepare for the future, but there is no "future" in this game because it's just a moment-by-moment setting. Food will never run out - it will just respawn; ammo and guns will always respawn and you'll just get lucky with these. Since you can't really prepare for much, you can't really keep yourself busy and just like in a real situation you resort to just sitting around and staying on guard (i.e. camping a room) or coming up with your own goals, which is what really puts you in danger and wastes resources.

As opposed to walking through the empty woods from elektro to the NW airfield and then switching from server to server until you find loot?

Because that seems to be how most people play the game.

The beautiful thing about this game is that, at heart, it's a survival sandbox.

I don't farm or item cycle for loot. I sort of go where the road takes me. If the road takes me to Stary Sobor, then I'll make sure that no snipers are watching me, then go check out the camps. If the road takes me to Kabanino, then I'll check out the Northwest Airfield and see if there's somebody cycling it. If there is, then I get some nice loot. If I don't, then I check out the barracks and...hopefully get some nice loot. But if the road from Stary Sobor takes me southwest, towards Zelenogorsk, then I don't question it. Call me a wanderer, call me aimless, but I'm having fun.

Video games these days are focused too much on loot. Everybody is so concerned about their items and their gear, as if the fact that they have more or better gear than the person watching them through a scope will make the bullet bounce off their head. This game is about survival, not about getting an AS50 and shooting freshly-spawned players on the coast with it. But, to each their own; if that's what's fun to you, then by all means, do it.

I don't farm or item cycle for loot. I sort of go where the road takes me. If the road takes me to Stary Sobor, then I'll make sure that no snipers are watching me, then go check out the camps. If the road takes me to Kabanino, then I'll check out the Northwest Airfield and see if there's somebody cycling it. If there is, then I get some nice loot. If I don't, then I check out the barracks and...hopefully get some nice loot. But if the road from Stary Sobor takes me southwest, towards Zelenogorsk, then I don't question it. Call me a wanderer, call me aimless, but I'm having fun.

Video games these days are focused too much on loot. Everybody is so concerned about their items and their gear, as if the fact that they have more or better gear than the person watching them through a scope will make the bullet bounce off their head. This game is about survival, not about getting an AS50 and shooting freshly-spawned players on the coast with it. But, to each their own; if that's what's fun to you, then by all means, do it.

I honestly dont even get why ppl kill fresh spawns at all, if youre a fresh spawn you dont give 2 fucks whether youre killed or not =/

I honestly dont even get why ppl kill fresh spawns at all, if youre a fresh spawn you dont give 2 fucks whether youre killed or not =/

Because they just want to go around killing. They ignore the pretense of the "survival sandbox" and just treat it as an e-peen enlargment operation. Most people are after loot or dominance, not the survival experience. I've been playing this game like a zombie survival game. I try and avoid towns, I camp out and try and live off the land, I avoid confrontation and try to help people when I can. Unfortunately most of these people end up shooting me in the back. What did they gain? A few measly supplies they could step into the next house to get? All I can conclude is that the killings serve no purpose and take away from the supposed pretense of the game.

Tbh me and my friends are loot whores, I guess the only difference is that I want a car and a million medical supplies for two reasons:

1. fuck this walking simulator

2. I'd like to be a medic and save random people and convert them into my willing slav- err comrades

If everybody camped and no one moved from their spot there would be no shooting and no murders at all...

I killed a semi-fresh spawn. He had no weapons, met him in the train station in Elektro. I had some beans in my backpack which I were going to eat, but then I noticed that that fucker had stolen my beans. Shot him in the face, took my beans, his painkiller and bandage. That's what he get for stealing my beans.

Edited by Mrs_Murder