fuzzy4ever

Vehicles reset on Restart

All the vehicles on my home server reset to their spawn points whenever the server restarts, even if we've spammed "save" on the vehicle. Is there some way to prevent this from happening? It's frustrating spending an entire day building a fleet of 5-6 vehicles complete with backup parts, only to have them wiped.

It seems to me all the Vehicals always respawn on a restart. I don't think there is a easy way to avoid it really.

Edit : Saving does in-fact help you on a restart.

Edited by Diederik

It seems to me all the Vehicals always respawn on a restart. I don't think there is a easy way to avoid it really.

Not true from what I've experienced. The entire point of the save function is to save the current location and conditions of the vehicle should a restart occur. I've also tested this myself and it works, although I've heard it can be buggy.

Not true from what I've experienced. The entire point of the save function is to save the current location and conditions of the vehicle should a restart occur. I've also tested this myself and it works, although I've heard it can be buggy.

Yea I got one ATV to save it's position, but it never could save it's contents..

Note: That's one ATV out of the 8 or so vehicles we tried it on.

@Quismsheecose - I'm guessing that's spam. Wtf is with spam bots following me >_>

Same here, some vehicles are saved, also the vehicle tyoe changes, this is bullshit.

Please tell me this is unintended behavior and that it will be fixed!

I spent an entire day getting together an ATV, 2 UAV's and a motorbike only for them to vanish on server restart...

shit couple tips, always save your car\truck and never d/c inside of the car\truck will spawn when you come back underneath the wheels lol;)

shit couple tips, always save your car\truck and never d/c inside of the car\truck will spawn when you come back underneath the wheels lol;)

lol thanks for the tips. Seems pointless though - as soon as the admin restarts the server everything is gone anyway and I always spam vehicle saving to be sure.

From what I hear there was an update just rolled out that is supposed to fix it. Seems to have done it as I moved a vehicle and had the server restarted, the vehicle didn't move from that spot I saved it on. However now the server is EXTREMELY laggy. Keep desyncing and actually get timeout messages non stop. Hope it's something with the server and not the patch!

Update: server-side 7.2 has included the choppers, fixed the "reset" problems vehicles as well.