Sign in to follow this  
btrizzle

found a running tank....

im pretty new....but I loaded in at kamenka and theres a shitty little village right there...heard an engine....ran up to it, it was a tank...with a npc soldier lying prone next to it...alive. I shot hom in the head and holy shit...night vision, some british assault rifle, 4 clips, rocket launcher....everthing. is that normal? I haven't seen it mentioned in any threads....

No. Something like a tank was spawned in probably by hackers.

Because alot of those items are not in dayz.

Either the guy you shot was a hacker.

You where playing in some weird single player version.

You are the hacker.

Either way it isn't normal.

it was in ITALIA server....i always check that spot when I spawn there, but it hasnt been there since. there was like 30 ppl on the server, but no players around....just z's. I died trying to get out..

I'd be extremly careful with that. I haven't heard of any armoured vehicles so far, so this seems to be an asset that does not belong in the mod and was brought in by someone using a hack. There is a british assault rifle (L85A2 RIS CWS) and nvgs included in dayz but I'd be also cautious to pick them up since if the tank was illigally brought into the game, those items were as well.

There is already someone on these forums who got banned for picking up cheated items. So leave them where they are to be sure.

I hope, I could help.

Get out of the tank and report it to the server and the Dev team.

i told mattlightfoot about the ITALIA server the other day and it was blocked, but it seems to be back, they have UH60's and F35 at cherno, they are breaking the rules and the server is pure shite, its not played the way its supposed to be, i say ban it, ban it all!

Get in it and rule the server!

lol jk yeah should probably report it. Don't take the gear unless you wanna be banned from holding all of that