Sign in to follow this  
Raaad

Was zombie aggro changed recently?

I was just on top of some large structure at the South end of Komarovo after spawning a new guy and had a wtf moment.... I had no aggro climbing around all the little catwalks all the way to the top, no sounds of zombies, or sights of zombies going in or during my ascent. Once I got on top of the structure, stepped outside and looked around I though hmm thats odd those zombies are running this way from so far away. Mind you I had no guns to fire had just spawned and the only thing I had found up to this point were a couple of magazines and a crowbar. The first two zombies I dispatched just fine and had to use my only bandage but then they just kept coming. After I had tried to fight my way down the stairs through 5 or 6 more zombies I got to the exit and fell unconscious and died. Really? Are zombies turned up now or something? I can understand having to be sneaky but they started running at me the instant I stepped outside a door 4 or 5 stories up that is a bit ridiculous.

Edited by Raaad

i noticed something with them too, they seem to change every time a patch comes out

Zombies in the middle of the day act like they should. Night time on the other hand is awesome for avoiding zombies, as they act like a normal human would in pitch black...they dont see shit.

NIGHT TIME IS THE RIGHT TIME! <3

when you stand in the open in day light zombies can see for a hell of a distance.

By the sound of it where you were was high enough to give clear line of sight all around to the local zombies; they just could see you when before they couldnt

when you stand in the open in day light zombies can see for a hell of a distance.

By the sound of it where you were was high enough to give clear line of sight all around to the local zombies; they just could see you when before they couldnt

Zombies have the intelligence to look up and at every angle now? They aren't a SWAT team securing every direction, they are mindles creatures that simply walk around until their next meal runs by.

Edit: I think the aggro should be turned down alittle as its hard enough hiding from Bandits as it is!

Edited by Grey Warden

Zombies have the intelligence to look up and at every angle now? They aren't a SWAT team securing every direction, they are mindles creatures that simply walk around until their next meal runs by.

Edit: I think the aggro should be turned down alittle as its hard enough hiding from Bandits as it is!

if you are in sight you are in sight, its pretty simple. I think you are confusing the basic ability of seeing whats around you with some kind of ESP. Being able to see a person, especially a moving person is a pretty basic ability

Hi,

I also noticed some tweaking on the infected aggro zone and behavior and had a few of this WTF moments.

Actually I don't mind when Game Parameter is "finetuned". But at this level of randomness it seems IMHO like a bug.

Had more fun when the zombies did not see me from "a mile away". ;)

I've Checkt the games changelog file and indeed there seem's to be quite alot of changes for Gameplay parameters in question:

* [FIXED] Infected detect players from too far away (reduced by about 20%)

* [FIXED] Infected attack those they cannot see ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36375 )

* [FIXED] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)

* [NEW] Infected raycast for line-of-sight less often (improves performance)

* [FIXED] Infected can see through terrain ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33787 )

ran into cherno firestation after hearing gun shots, 2 dead bodies inside both aimed at each other (they killed each other) then ran up the stairs to find a guy looting the tower, i killed him only to attract every zombie in cherno. I stood at the bottom of the stair unloading clip after clip into the endless wave of zombies. after that i had 50 zombie kills about 36 headshots and 4 murders. i ran out to get more food/drink and saw a guy just peddling along ringing his bell. so i chased him down and shot him for his bike, then boom all the re-spawned zombies were on me and i jumped on the bike and peddled as fast as i could. yeah zombies went from standing on the spot doing nothing to swarming like bees at any sign of hum/gun fire

Zombies in the middle of the day act like they should. Night time on the other hand is awesome for avoiding zombies, as they act like a normal human would in pitch black...they dont see shit.

NIGHT TIME IS THE RIGHT TIME! <3

Wow you werent kidding! Zombies dont see flashlights at all! You can walk right through towns without a single worry, I am a little amazed at how easy mode this game must be for those with NVGs. Just chalk it up to still in Alpha I guess lol zombies can see you a couple hundred meters away on top of a building but not 10 feet away in the pitch black using a flashlight. Ill just deal with playing at night until the next change

Wow you werent kidding! Zombies dont see flashlights at all! You can walk right through towns without a single worry, I am a little amazed at how easy mode this game must be for those with NVGs. Just chalk it up to still in Alpha I guess lol zombies can see you a couple hundred meters away on top of a building but not 10 feet away in the pitch black using a flashlight. Ill just deal with playing at night until the next change

at the moment the flash light doesnt agro, but imagine if it did and you were walking round in the same pitch black hearing zombies but not being able to see them, and being too scared of them to turn on your flashlight!

I put 4 bullets in a zombie today. It was standing right in front of me and cut me to pieces but not one of those bullets had any affect.