Sign in to follow this  
ahyokata

The Novy Sobor spawn, IMHO an excellent twist on gameplay

I was just havin a thought, I have never had the opportunity to spawn in Novy, but I was thinking about the brilliance of the devs for choosing this as a random spawn.

Imagine, whether it be a grizzled veteran to the freshly installed first-timer, just imagine if you were the latter:

Just spawn: Looking around, no idea whats going on, but there's a church, grab whatever loot is there.

Surroundings: little does this fresh spawn know that he is within gunshot range of one of the most deadly spots on the map. (sure he could have spawned on the coast, while interesting in its own right, Stary Sobor is nearby, and it can be home to people that like hunting humans and might just be very good at it).

Survivor: ...maybe he found a gun, and maybe he didnt, but he's running willy-nilly juggling dildos trying to loot, when gunshots ring out in the distance and immediately see "PlayerA has died", ..."PlayerB has died"...etc...

Possible outcome: Maybe a bullet in the head, but maybe....just maybe that after hearing an extended horrendous battle go down, the gunshots cease, and this fresh survivor, who has the just been thrust into a state of fear and exitement stumbles upon one of the unlucky casualties to find himself fully kitted out. And now this lucky fella is off to continue his story with his heart pounding at the attachment to survival he has immersed himself into.

Thank you Rocket.

Please forgive me, but these are just some mindless ramblings that I felt like sharing

Edited by ahyokata
  • Like 2

The two times I'v spawned there, I was glitched under one of the red residental buildings. I managed to get unglitched but it took some moving around. It makes me think this spawn is just a bug and unintended.

Edited by jmido8

I dont think its intentional...ive spawned in a million times (obviously not factual)...and ive never spawned in anywhere but the coast.

It would be a great Idea tho, If you could spawn in any town in the map really...

It's definitely a type of glitch as of whenever i hear of someone spawning there they're always in a wall.

The two times I'v spawned there, I was glitched under one of the red residental buildings. I managed to get unglitched but it took some moving around. It makes me think this spawn is just a bug and unintended.

Ive spawned there too but i couldnt get out of the house and i went prone and just randomly died :(

Regardless of the glitches within the location, it has been a spawn point reported by users. What I wouldn't give to have this be my first introduction to this marvelous, yet flawed social experiment (its alpha, and I like the challenge and evolution of this mod).

My first experience in mid may was at night, and I had read that cherno and electro were very dangerous, so I went inland immediately. I am well versed in land navigation, map reading and finding north using the stars. So as it turns out I experienced immersion fulfillment when I was using an old chernarus topographical map, studying contours of hillsides, referencing north, surviving! I felt a sense of pride that even at night, I could plot my way to a specific town and sneaky sneak through it while filling my pack.

It has been a great experience, and this mod simply provides the best immersion and heartfelt gameplay that I have never experienced before.

As Sacriel42 says "OH MY HEART!!"

Edited by ahyokata

I have spawned here twice so far, both times after being killed at NW Airfields. Both times I spawned partway through the house and in the ground. The first time I was able to get out of the walls and continue my character, the second time I was killed trying to get free. Both times zombies spawned in the air and fell to their deaths either inside or outside of the house.

I like the idea of this being a rare spawn area. If you are killed up north your killer will think themselves safe from your reprisal for at least an hour or so. But if you spawn in here you can grab a starter weapon and surprise them, adding to the "you are never safe" feel of the game.

I have as well, and recorded it for Devs'.

You spawn in that red brick building because that is the center of the map. It is access via the following code:

_cnps = getArray (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "centerPosition");

Every island in ArmA has this center position, and it is the place the following funciton:

BIS_fnc_findSafePos (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?103108-BIS_fnc_findSafePos)

dumps you when it cannot find another place.

I have recently just started playing Day Z, and while this is my characters 3rd life, i spawned here in Novy Sabor. Now, I agree with the original poster. After my n00bie learning of the game in my first 2 lives, spawning at the beach, I foudn this spawn to be incredible. I saw a church and I rememberd the church in Electro or Cherno whatever. So I knew there was good loot. I found SO much loot (or at least what I thought to be sweet loot) so i got on mumble told my buddies. But I had no idea where i was. I was telling them about my aweseome loot and how i couldn't carry it all, an they needed to visit. I remember seeing the word Starry, and my buddy said "NO! NOT EVER GOING THERE" and I was like "Whatever, I got this loot." His response was "Good luck getting out of there alive!" I didn't listen to him, and havent even tried to leave yet. I searched Both brick buildings, and the farm house, and the little hangar thing barn. I had so much loot, then I found the water, and practiced fillling water bottles. I also happened to stumble onto a makarov, when i already had the m1911. I tried to empty my pack and put the m1911 in it, so i could grab the makarov... i ended up dropping the m1911, and then picking up the makarov, and both dissapeared. It was odd. I disconnected and relogged and was back in the church, with my 1911. But there was no loot in the church, so i went back to the brick buildings and came back to the church, and found a tent. This was all last night. I was so stoked to be able to choose between what weapons/ammo i wanted, and all the beans and soda... But I haven't seen a single player yet, which im thankful for. So here are my questions for you guys...

1. Should I enjoy playing around this city... try to make it my home... and then venture over to starry... where its dangerous (i have yet to kill a human player yet)

2. Should I just try to get my friends here, and then we GTFO with the lootz?

3. Or what... I think about the endless amounts of loot i could have, and then think about what to do... Im not sure.. But its fun. Until you get that skyrim (over encumbered) feeling

4. Can anyone explain an easier way to switch out, or store weapons in packs.. im thinking i am missing out on a fundamental part of the 'gear' factor in this game.. I sometimes click the button and my guy will pick up cans but leave anything else on the ground, as well as, sometimes things auto goto my pack and some times they just disappear...

In case you didn't want to read all that... I love that spawn, and yes I was scared spawning into the wall of a building... but its been a fun ride in Novy Sabor. I don't wanna leave.

• Like 1

1. Should I enjoy playing around this city... try to make it my home... and then venture over to starry... where its dangerous (i have yet to kill a human player yet)

------- Its a gamble man, spend enough time there, and you will get shot.

2. Should I just try to get my friends here, and then we GTFO with the lootz?

------ With the amount of crashed heli's that spawn in the area, it can be very beneficial to carefully stalk that area. But like i said, its a gamble, and can be very exciting.

3. Or what... I think about the endless amounts of loot i could have, and then think about what to do... Im not sure.. But its fun. Until you get that skyrim (over encumbered) feeling

4. Can anyone explain an easier way to switch out, or store weapons in packs.. im thinking i am missing out on a fundamental part of the 'gear' factor in this game.. I sometimes click the button and my guy will pick up cans but leave anything else on the ground, as well as, sometimes things auto goto my pack and some times they just disappear...

- ------Always make sure that you have 10 slots available in your backpack if you need to put a primary rifle in it, or 5 slots for a pistol/PDW. The ammo will of course take up additional slots. If you need to switch out either primary or secondary weapons, I always open my bag and move the rifle/pistol from my bag INTO my main inventory...the ammo will also transfer into your main inventory as well, but dont worry if you have a higher quantity of ammo in either primary or secondary, because it will swap over, or stay in your main inventory...(hard to explain, but I have not had an issue of losing ammo from swapping weapons).

In case you didn't want to read all that... I love that spawn, and yes I was scared spawning into the wall of a building... but its been a fun ride in Novy Sabor. I don't wanna leave.

------And on a final note, I am glad that you had the experience that was just a random holy shit-what if encounter! Good on ya mate!

Okay, that "quote" didnt turn out like I thought it would but I bolded/italicized my replies, and dont feel like fixing it :P

Edited by ahyokata

My first time ever spawning into DayZ I spawned inside that building. Luckily I was able to somehow just run through it and died from zombies :(