fifass

Can't start my server.

Hi everybody!

My problem is in starting server .bat file, only get a popup.

what should i do?

Sorry if there is similar topic on forum.

Presuming you're running the start_DayzServer.bat the staff gave you, and also presuming you're running it out of the directory your server files are in (ARMA2OASERVER.exe etc) or you've changed the .bat to point to the right place, then can you be more specific?

When you launch the bat does it just open a black console window that instantly closes?

If it doesn't just popup and instantly close, then what onscreen information is given?

What text is inside your .bat launch?

after using bat there is only popup that instantly closes

arma2oaserver.exe -mod=EXPANSION;ca;@dayz;@CBA;@JayArma2Lib -name=cfgdayz -config=cfgdayz\server.cfg -cfg=cfgdayz\arma2.cfg -profiles=cfgdayz -world=Chernarus -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=7 -text of my bat file

Add on the next line of your .bat startup the following word:

pause

Save it then run it.

This will stop the window closing instantly, so you can see the issue. If it's closing instantly then I'd guess it would be that the .bat can't find the arma2oaserver.exe, or there's another error. Can't be sure.

'arma2oaserver.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external comman, operable program or batch file.

'arma2oaserver.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external comman' date=' operable program or batch file.

[/quote']

That's because it can't find arma2oaserver.exe

Where have you installed the server files to?

If you are going to use the DEFAULT .bat that one of the staff gave you, it needs to be RUN from SAME directory that arma2oaserver.exe is in. For example, if your arma2oaserver.exe is in:

C:\mygameservers\arma\arma2oa

Then the start_DayzServer.bat needs to be in that same folder. If you want to run the .bat from another location then you need to specify that in the bat. There's plenty of documentation all over the forums and on the net for that.

For the sake of testing to prove it all works, move the .bat the staff gave you into the right folder as I mentioned above.

i cant even find arma2oaserver.exe

How did you download your arma 2 and arma 2 OA files to your server?

If you were unaware you need to download the actual Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA CLIENT GAME files to your server (the same you have on your home PC - the files the staff gave you will not run a server on their own). Can explain that further if need be, but don't want to waste the time walking you through that if you've already done it.

If you have already done that (have to ask to be sure), then you need the server dedicated executable. I believe it comes included with the retail copy of the games. If you have the steam files, then you need the dedicated server file for OA (ARMA2OASERVER.exe) which can be obtained through Steam if you have a steam version by going to your library, tools, then Arma 2 OA dedicated server, or something along those lines.

Thank yo so much!

Server now up and running!

Ru19