Sign in to follow this  
prometheus111

Non-lootable intel

So... since people have been suggesting ways to get players to cooperate. Here's an idea. Large stashes of loot should be hidden somewhere on the island. Intel pieces would be something like map fragments or some other clue as to the location of the stashes that when all collected would lead to the location of the hidden loot. The hidden loot would have to be reaaally hidden so it wouldn't really be possible to accidentally find it. I know this might be too difficult to do but it's a thought: maybe add shovels to the game and have it be a dig site that the players have to dig up loot. But since there wouldn't be any physical appearance on the ground to indicate there was loot there, you couldn't just randomly dig somewhere. You'd have to collect the map pieces (or whatever intel it was) to find the location.

The intel pieces could lead to a large loot stash like I mentioned. Or maybe to a helicopter crash-site?

These intel pieces could be carried in a slot, but it is not possible to loot from the player's dead body. The intel can be transferred by the player's choice but not stolen. The reason for this is to give people a reason to keep someone alive at least temporarily.

The idea is to create a simple mechanic that will make people not necessarily kill people who have this intel. This would not force cooperation for sake of actually surviving like other suggestions that have been made. I don't think it's good to force cooperation. But providing a simple incentive to cooperate will allow the people the choice.

This could lead to hostage situations which would give the captured player time to escape death. Or other people to free the hostage. Etc. But it would all be dynamic. Not forced.

I'm not presenting this as a completed idea. Please post constructive comments of how you think this could be made better. Point out flaws, but be constructive and attempt to formulate this idea further.

~Prometheus