Heartz

Weather ideas

What would you like to see in new weather conditions/types? And should they behave/alter the game play?

I would like to see thunder storms in the evening/night. It should light up everything you see for a sec or two. Imagine suddenly seeing a player right in front of you.

Unify the weather (i.e. server grabs a date-time hash from the master server on init and sets the weather for the server from that hash code.

I'm afraid unless its raining on ALL servers at the SAME time people are just going to jump servers.

Unify the weather (i.e. server grabs a date-time hash from the master server on init and sets the weather for the server from that hash code.

I'm afraid unless its raining on ALL servers at the SAME time people are just going to jump servers.

That's actually a tactical problem. Ever noticed that zombies have a difficult time hearing/seeing you during a storm? Well if you're in a storm and the other guy isn't, suddenly he's at a disadvantage if you're one of those Kill on sight types of guys. Considering he'll be dodging zombies and running all over the place, while you can just walk from point to point.

I hope that the weather actually varies widely, if you notice the weather right now it is pretty flat. It's either Raining, cloudy, sunny or storming. How nice would it be if you could also actually read the clouds to see if there was a storm coming and gauge how severe it's going to be and figure out how you're going to prepare for it. I want to be able to play for an hour in sunshine, spot a storm coming and watch it gradually approach and become darker as it starts to rain... Thinking outside of the current limitations here.

• Like 1

I hope that the weather actually varies widely, if you notice the weather right now it is pretty flat. It's either Raining, cloudy, sunny or storming. How nice would it be if you could also actually read the clouds to see if there was a storm coming and gauge how severe it's going to be and figure out how you're going to prepare for it. I want to be able to play for an hour in sunshine, spot a storm coming and watch it gradually approach and become darker as it starts to rain... Thinking outside of the current limitations here.

That would be a great addition to the mod and the SA.

I googled for an Arma 2 weather script and found this: http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=16096 so it seems as if it's definitely possible.

Edited by BadLuckBurt

That would be a great addition to the mod and the SA.

I hope that some realistic weather makes it into the full game, weather can be much more than a visual effect; it can create atmosphere and possibly can also be a big part of the disease and sickness system.

I'd like to see how it affects zombies and players or even animals being exposed to harsh conditions.

Such as when it rains, it masks out your footsteps to prevent zombies from hearing you in a certain extent but would make them act more aggressively.

I have already discussed this as well.

Standalone Weather (4/5 rating)