Sign in to follow this  
Rhombulos

In Game Voice chat doesn't work.

Picked up DayZ recently and today my friend figured out that Capslocks is the key to talk via mic on DayZ. For some reason, both of them could hear eachother while talking in Direct Chat, but neither could hear me. We were all standing together, I was sure I was in Direct Chat, I had the button pressed down (Also tried Double-Tapping it), but neither could hear me. I know my Mic was working since we were talking in skype at the time. Does anyone know what issue I'm having here?

My headset is a Rocketfish Universal Wired Gaming Headset.

Perhaps you have the optin "Give Applications exclusive control" enabled in your sound mixer? I believe it gives certain progs priority when it comes to mic usage. Try that or maybe check that ur mic is set up properly in game and the volume is up up UP!!!!!

Perhaps you have the optin "Give Applications exclusive control" enabled in your sound mixer? I believe it gives certain progs priority when it comes to mic usage. Try that or maybe check that ur mic is set up properly in game and the volume is up up UP!!!!!

Ah, yes it's checked off. I'll uncheck it and attempt later when atleast one of my friends is online.

Was able to test it today, and still nothing. No one can hear me, even in the slightest.

No offence meant but you have maxed the ingame comm's volume? I ask because that was my issue when I couldnt be heard. Steam version? overlay enabled?