_val_

Need Help Enabling Direct Voice Chat in our Server

Hey guys I was trying to get a little help in figuring out how to enable the Direct Voice Chat option for our Server - not the Global Chat which I think is Disabled anyways but just the within-80-meters-voice-chat. A bunch of us want it on our server but our Admin says he can't find an option to Enable it anywhere. I know I read something some time ago about having to change some log info somewhere but I don't remember where I read it nor have I been able to find actual instructions on how to do so. If someone could just lead me in the right direction with a link or something of the sort then I would greatly appreciate it. We want to be able to talk to people nearby because we actually like being able to help people out - sometimes. :lol: But seriously I find that servers that have that option ON are much funner and give people the oppurtunity to create alliances as opposed to being paranoid and killing everyone on sight - even if they just spawned on the shore. Thanks in advance to anyone which can help out, I guess the best I could do is say Thanks and offer you my Beans! :D Thanks again...

i´m not sure but if the server has been installed correctly it should be enabled by default.

Did the text chat work in the local area?

did you open the port for voice chat on the server? (default port+1 and default port+3 should be allowed if i remember correctly)

greetings Jörg

i´m not sure but if the server has been installed correctly it should be enabled by default.

Did the text chat work in the local area?

did you open the port for voice chat on the server? (default port+1 and default port+3 should be allowed if i remember correctly)

greetings Jörg

Thanks for the Reply, I'm not sure about the Port 1 and port 3 are enabled but I will ask our Admin to see. Other than you say Direct Chat should be Enabled by Default? I'll have to ask him to check over those settings. I had heard that some logs needed to be changed but I don't know if that is against the rules or not, nor do I know how to do that... Thanks again for the Reply I will get thim to check those settings...

Check for this code in the server.cfg:

disableVoN = 0;

Make sure it's 0, otherwise voice will be disabled (set to 1).

i just looked the ports up and saw that i made a mistake, here the correction:

i opened all ports the game is listening to and these are:

(which is baseport, baseport+2 and baseport+3 and an unknown port never mentioned...)

Thanks guys, with info from here and a little messing around we got it working! Thanks a bunch! :thumbsup: :D :beans: