Sign in to follow this  
unknownsymbol

To 5T3PH (or something) and friend waving a torch around a barn near Koslovka at night.

Sorry i cant remember what server it was but just wanted to see if the right people would find this.

Basically it was night time on this server and me and my buddies were trying to regroup after being split up. So we are all running to Bor when one guy (Jangus) says some idiot it waving a torch around and he want to go investigate. Hearing this i stop and look around and sure enough see the beam shining in the distance. So, i head over that way too.

When we reach the barn we see the two players wandering around presumably collecting loot. Im still trying to find out where Jangus is but we know we are nearby as the barn they were in was only around 100m away from both of us. As it was dark, we were hidden and they didnt seem to notice us.

They eventually left the barn and were going to carry on to wherever they were going, one carrying the torch, the other an akm. We were going to let the pass but they walked directly towards Jangus. Deciding he didnt want to take any chances he says "I'm going to have to shoot them." Sure enough he opens fire. I join in from another part of the field, catching them in a lovely cross-fire. It was amusing watching them spin around in confusion as we gunned them down, although i did feel guilty afterwards.

The thing that people should learn from this really, is not to use the torch. It's like a lighthouse. Keep it off and you'll be a lot safer.

Edited by unknownsymbol

then how do you see in the dark?

Carry a blue chemlight. The only ones who will notice you are people with NVG's (it's like a homing beacon for them) but if someone has NVG's and you're wandering around spawning zombies to let them know you're there, it's only a matter of time anyways. The only other people who will notice you are EXTREMELY keen eyed folks looking for the small speck of light beyond 35m, and the people who are within 35m.

Flashlights are for only a few situations: Blinding/lighting up people you/your squad is taking down, preferrably with the flashlight attached to a gun, or, when you're playing ultra low pop servers and your risk of death is slim to none because you're raiding like, Bor or something with 3 other people on the server. Chances are those people are server hoppers or people who camp for server hoppers.

Chemlights and daytime servers are the best options though.