Sign in to follow this  
BuddyMcFriend

0.28% Chance..

That is extremely rare (Speaking of Camouflage and Ghillie, to be clear), considering how much trash is spawned.

How many people own ghillie suits, do you think? Realistically, less than that percentage I'd estimate.

It really isn't that rare if you consider that each loot spawn has 2 to 3 items in it (mostly cans of course). So each loot pile there is almost a 1% chance of a ghillie or Camo.

EDIT: I have looted 2 ghillie suits, and 2 camo clothing's in the past 24 hours. My friend found a ghillie in a random grandma house in mogilevka.

Edited by BunnyHillPro
  • Like 1

Ive got a set. Took if off a guy who I killed and had some in his back pack. By some i mean 4. He also had 5 nvgs. Almost sure he was a hacker (or at a minimum he was duping them). I took it anyway, I figured wth at worst it will get removed and there is no way for me to tell what is legit and what isnt.

Not sure what's the deal with the story behind Day Z, but Chernarus has seen a lot of military action (hence all the guns - american and russian - lying around), so I think that it's not a problem of how many "civilians" own them, but how many the now-dead military left behind.

not to be off topic but what the heck is this duping I keep hearing about?

I've found 3 camo clothing and 1 ghiille in electro in 20 min

Not sure what's the deal with the story behind Day Z, but Chernarus has seen a lot of military action (hence all the guns - american and russian - lying around), so I think that it's not a problem of how many "civilians" own them, but how many the now-dead military left behind.

In that case, how many military men have died, and left their ghillie suit in a package inside a house? I bet almost 0. How many snipers would be in town? Almost zero. The most realistic reason - deer hunters have them at their house. I mean, they have deer stands that are camoflauged, so they most likely have ghillie suits as well.

not to be off topic but what the heck is this duping I keep hearing about?

making items out of nothing, IE a person has a set of night vision goggles and makes a 2nd pair. without finding them. As for the camo/gs learn to rotate your loot spawns you will get them to spawn pretty easy. esp if you have a few good spots to work Cough "north east big town" Cough

• Like 1

I've been hitting the apartments, office building, and pub over a few servers, yet to no avail. Am I hitting the right places to find a suit?

"Dupe" = duplicate. Exploiting glitches to copy items. Will be fixed eventually, either by removing the glitches or sending stealth assassins to the homes of people who exploit them.

Edit: Way too slow tonight...

Edited by sya

making items out of nothing, IE a person has a set of night vision goggles and makes a 2nd pair. without finding them. As for the camo/gs learn to rotate your loot spawns you will get them to spawn pretty easy. esp if you have a few good spots to work Cough "north east big town" Cough

cough****cough** behrezino

Or... Soldiers fled their posts during the initial outbreak and went to the cities to protect their loved ones with their gear?

I know, it's kinda far-fetched, but possible!

I've been hitting the apartments, office building, and pub over a few servers, yet to no avail. Am I hitting the right places to find a suit?

Answer?

It really isn't that rare if you consider that each loot spawn has 2 to 3 items in it (mostly cans of course). So each loot pile there is almost a 1% chance of a ghillie or Camo.

EDIT: I have looted 2 ghillie suits, and 2 camo clothing's in the past 24 hours. My friend found a ghillie in a random grandma house in mogilevka.

This guy is the one doing his math correctly. ;)

they have a better spawn chance heli crash sites. and with dead soldier bodies destroying your vision at around 300 meters i'd say run through a couple fields until you get shitty triangles and bam there ya go. its a heli site metal detector xD .. *no idea if dead soldier bodies spawn near the crash sites. ive looted a few choppas but cannot remember*

Must've been a pretty badass grandma...