Sign in to follow this  
Ghost Garret

Damn the F key in DayZ.

This is just something weird that happened to me close to Elecktro's outskirts.

I found this firestation, filled with zombie bodies. I closed the door and began to hear flies. As I went up the stairs, more bodies could be seen.

Finally, getting to the top, was a fully-armed dead survivor. I looted him and found a MP5, a couple MP5 mags, a makarov, some mags for that also, three bandages, and a map. (I never find good guns in DayZ anymore)

I swore to myself that I would keep this loot and protect it with my life. I also found an ALICE pack strapped onto him. I then pull out the makarov, and tell myself to preserve bullets. When moving right, I accidentally pressed F.

Right behind me, a crazy axeman walks up. He doesn't see me, until he reaches the top. I click my mouse button, and I'm stupid enough, to throw my gun at him instead of shooting him. (Acccidental F key >:/)

Long-story short, he chops me up before I can pull out my MP5 and I'm gone.

Aww, that sucks man.

It happens tho I suppose, just always look at that counter to make sure your weapon is primed.

well thank god your smart shoot first i like that. but that sucks though sorry.

You can unbind that I think, switch it to a harder to hit key.

It is the key used to switch between thrown and your current weapon. Such as grenades, flares, chem lights.

You can unbind that I think, switch it to a harder to hit key.

It is the key used to switch between thrown and your current weapon. Such as grenades, flares, chem lights.

i put it as v

Ya, it's pretty helpful in the regular Arma, being able to throw smoke and grenades and such.

But I barely get a frag in DayZ, and when I do I'm never able to use it really. x3

@Alec, why V? That's your Vault Key.

Edited by Tenebris Draco

I've accidently thrown grenades while prone before. Luckly I've never thrown a frag grenade by accident. (I always seem to have 1 or 2 on myself.)

lol, does it throw it far and does it hurt the person you throw it at?

It probably would hurt. Don't exactly know. But when I had threw my gun, I didn't bother to check if it hurt him.

throw a weapon? you mean flare, chemlight, grenade, cants etc? not an actual gun right?

Actual gun.

You do know, the F key is for ArmA 2; the game; not for the mod.. but anyway I never knew you can throw your bloody pistol

You do know, the F key is for ArmA 2; the game; not for the mod.. but anyway I never knew you can throw your bloody pistol

It would be pretty cool if you could throw your pistol at someones head to knock them out.

You can't throw a gun for fucks sake, shows how none of you actually played Arma

Thank god someone said it.

Edited by Benlandia

Real or no, if i came up on a dude and instead of shooting me he threw his pistol at me... i would lol so hard and just let him go. Freakin priceless

Re -sticky your keys if u don't like em simple as that

You can't throw a gun for fucks sake, shows how none of you actually played Arma

You can throw a gun in DayZ. Get a pistol (I used makarov), change the mode with F and click. Just shows you like to talk shit.

If you cant find decent weapons, you are doing it wrong.