Sign in to follow this  
kwrn

difficulty increased?

Is it just me or did this game just get a lot harder starting from a fresh respawn? The zombies seem to be more intelligent and they break bones / knock unconcious more often maybe but not sure.. I've been having a tough time out there. :(

Maybe. I don't think so though. Seems a bit RNG. They can KTFO players with one hit if they are below 10k blood. Happened to me once so far and I'm often sitting around 8-9k. I find they can bug, and just fucking run at me from 100s of meters away while I'm high-fiving some Z-dude next to me without aggroing him.

The aggro system may be faulty but it gets it right more often than not IMO. They decreased dmg on several items click here for more info on that. We got soft from the last patch, now gun fire has a (higher) chance of drawing z'ds. I say higher as it is slightly glitchy sometimes. One shot kills? Never had that but 1 shot broken legs for sure. At NWAF I got overrun after I had to start using my m4a1 to kill them, I went back and there were about 15-20 z'ds around my corpse :)..

• Like 1

Yes I've noticed they start charging me from way the hell out there since the patch if I'm standing and running or even crouch running. They are harder to lose and they run inside areas that they previously were not able to run in and they sometimes run to the exit on small buildings now so running straight through doesn't always work. Time to rethink my zombie herder playstyle perhaps and start going more stealthy...

Zeds seem to be pretty much the same to me maybe slightly better sound detection but that's about it.

Just to add a bit more to what I see going on; I've seen zombies spawning in houses that are inaccessible as they walk out through the closed doors. I've seen them walk through walls of different types, I've even seen them move unhindered through concertina wire, tank mines and sandbag walls. Also, I could have sworn that on a couple occasions a zombie has spawned directly behind me and that always freaks me out because I'm usually very alert to my surroundings.

They have been spawning inside buildings for some time now. several weeks atleast, maybe more. Spawns are random around areas so if your unlucky you could be standing in the middle of a runway with no z's then there are 8 all around you. Bad luck :(. as far as clipping ya they can clip but they can't do a lot of things so lets just concentrate on tricking the retarded AI. We can do it.

I honestly still really don't have any problems with the zombies. They act as nothing but road blocks and still all of my deaths are attributed from fat mutants sniping outside cities.

All I do is run into a building with two doors and all of the zombies are lost.