Sign in to follow this  
davidecibel

best location for big camps

ok, so now I've explored the whole map, got myself some decent gear, killed some people, got killed a lot of times... it's getting a bit boring. I want to find a vehicle and run around like a baws and get shot. But I've lurked most spawns, never found anything, not even a bycycle nor a tractor. A friend of mine found a pickup a few days ago, but it only has 2 seats and it was 3 of us, so we left it behind and went someplace else.

so what I want to do now is start stalking people camps and steal stuff... any suggestions where to look for?

LOL I have found an old bycicle, pretty fast can go up to 60mph insanely hard to control.

• Like 1

The best place to find a camp is the best place to locate a camp, and that is ....

The last place anyone would think to look for it.

anywhere that isnt in the sea pretty much, youd be suprised where people stick them, although off map camps are starting to appear again :-/

Edited by stuffnthings

Pick a a few spots that you would hide your stuff if you had something, go there and find other peoples stuff. Its really that easy.

There have been a few times I have gone though a long task of finding a good hiding spot, parking my car/placing my tent in the perfect spot, etc.. Just to run 100ft and stumble across someones tent/car who did the same thing. I prefer to think of it as great minds thinking alike, instead of we both suck at hiding stuff.

• Like 1

LOL I have found an old bycicle, pretty fast can go up to 60mph insanely hard to control.

Me too, was a great transport vehicle. Also if you damage it you can get off, press "save old bike" and it's fully repaired again.

Too bad it randomly despawned :(.

Just to run 100ft and stumble across someones tent/car who did the same thing. I prefer to think of it as great minds thinking alike, instead of we both suck at hiding stuff.

theres a spot i know its basically a 1 kilometer map square that almost always has at least 1 tent on every server, infact the craziest i found was 14 seperate camps all crammed in this tiny grid ref and most of them still had some gear in it

• Like 1

follow the main road on the left side of the map past the NW airfield till it ends at the plains, then turn south head up to the top of the mountain there and look down around there, I've found a camp there on just about every server I've been on lol, usually has a few cars. ^^

• Like 1

follow the main road on the left side of the map past the NW airfield till it ends at the plains, then turn south head up to the top of the mountain there and look down around there, I've found a camp there on just about every server I've been on lol, usually has a few cars. ^^

thanks for the info but i didn't really understand the directions :D you say to follow the main road left of the NW airfield, and that road goes north. but then you say that when this road ends, you have to go south... that's a bit confusing!

are we talking in map or off map? if in map could you please locate it on this map? ^^ http://dayzdb.com/map#3.030.038

thanks for the info but i didn't really understand the directions :D you say to follow the main road left of the NW airfield, and that road goes north. but then you say that when this road ends, you have to go south... that's a bit confusing!

are we talking in map or off map? if in map could you please locate it on this map? ^^ http://dayzdb.com/map#3.030.038

I believe they are talking about Misty Peak, DayZ DB doesn't show it.

• Like 2

theres a spot i know its basically a 1 kilometer map square that almost always has at least 1 tent on every server, infact the craziest i found was 14 seperate camps all crammed in this tiny grid ref and most of them still had some gear in it

What's the grid?

I believe they are talking about Misty Peak, DayZ DB doesn't show it.

thanks, i'm gonna check the ingame map

found the places, had to leave though coz i was about to die of thirst, i had to make a run for the nearest lake :D no camps unfortunately... gotta try other servers or other locations, now that i know that dayzdb map doesn't cover the whole world!