tarquinbb

only 500 servers appear in server browser

hey guys, using dayzcommander and the in-game server browser this evening i discovered that only 500 servers will appear in the list (all filters are off).

my friend said he was only seeing 500 servers as well, yet he was naming servers and i could not find them in my list.

this has only started happening recently, perhaps latest patch 1.7.2.4 or one of the recent arma2 beta patch updates (currently updated to beta patch 95417). a couple of days ago i was getting 2500+ servers on the list, and had absolutely no problem finding the server that my friend was playing on (it was there 100% of the time).

500 is a very specific number, so i don't believe it can be a 'random' bug.... what happened?

edit: same problem in sixlauncher, dayzcommander and the in-game server browser. i think #3 must be right - it's gotta be a gamespy issue.

Edited by tarquinbb

yup, same for moi, my mate named a server he was playing on - it didnt show up. so i went into the game itself instead of dayzcommanders, and searched by the multiplayer filter, where i found it... very strange ;)

I'm hosting a cached gamespy list now when gamespy is having issues. You should see most of the servers again.

Will Gamespy deactivate the 500 servers limit at all?

After Gamespy set this limit many good servers are sparsely populated now.

What?

The problem ended ages ago

As the dotjosh said he was hosting a cached list while the gamespy servers were having a issue.

What?

The problem ended ages ago

As the dotjosh said he was hosting a cached list while the gamespy servers were having a issue.

Not for me. I don't use any launcher program. In-game server browser is still limited to 500 servers.

Not for me. I don't use any launcher program. In-game server browser is still limited to 500 servers.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with gamespy, but I've been able to slowly extract all of the servers and host the list myself. If you want to see all the servers, I'd suggest to at least temporarily switch to DayZCommander for launching.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with gamespy, but I've been able to slowly extract all of the servers and host the list myself. If you want to see all the servers, I'd suggest to at least temporarily switch to DayZCommander for launching.

Does DayZCommander always try to update the DayZ files automatically? Or is it possible to turn off the update function, so I could use DayZCommander ONLY for launching DayZ and for displaying the extended server list? Because I don't want any program to change my files without my permission.

Does DayZCommander always try to update the DayZ files automatically? Or is it possible to turn off the update function, so I could use DayZCommander ONLY for launching DayZ and for displaying the extended server list? Because I don't want any program to change my files without my permission.

It never tries to update the dayz/arma files automatically, all updating is optional.