Condork

Item Spawning.

Does anyone understand why in some buildings / areas, 0 items will have spawned?

If so please explain, do I have to wait a certain amount of time or is it just a bug? :)

Upon a server restart AFAIK loot takes time to respawn, and it will not spawn if you're standing in the building waiting for it. For servers that have not been restarted if you enter an area that has loot that is classed as 'old' your client (loot and mobs are done p2p) will make that loot despawn and you'll have to wait until it appears again.

That's how I understand it, although I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong.

Nothing will spawn in the immediate area around you.

So if you log in inside a building, it will be empty until you leave beyond a certain distance and come back later.

I don't know the exact radius or timing but I do know that nothing will spawn while you're next to it watching.

The loot nodes are tied to the zombies so zombies and loot spawn at the same time on the same trigger.

The trigger is when a player enters the area crossing some imaginary line in a radius around the loot node.

So in essence, it spawns when you walk into the area, not when you leave and not if you're already there.

If someome else walks in and cause it to spawn, and they take all the good stuff, it won't spawn when you walk in unless it's been more than 10 or 15 minutes.

If you walk in and find someome else has already been there recently, it may respawn while you're watching if a third person walks into range past the time limit.

This is only anecdotal based on my experiences. YMMMV.

Well there does seem to be something iffy going on atm. as i entered a city i am sure there were infected, but no building had any loot in it, as i made my round i finally found a building with some stuff. On my way out i passed an already checked building and now it did have loot, making me do the whole round again and now indeed every building had stuff. And that loot couldn't have all been old, i been hanging out near that town for the whole week, and we hit it about every day atleast once. There is always stuff there, but now with 1.7.2.4 there wasn't :/