Sign in to follow this  
Incompatibility

Joined a game and found out I died

So I logged out completely from a server and I logged back in the same server, but was greeted by the gender selection screen. Any ideas WTF happened?

Like I said just a guess, but I've done that to players before. I don't like it, just don't trust others =P Had it happen in a barn out in the middle of nowhere somewhere in the west. Anything is possible :)

Wait can changing your @DayZ directory kill your character? Right after I logged I used RAMdisk

it happened to me, but when I joined a new server my items were back. I also just glitched through a concrete wall while crawling and broke my leg and passed out. Now I have no morphine injectors so I have to wait for a friend I trust to come save me

someone could have shot you. Might have bugged, server not connected to hive ive played for a while on a new guy when i died for no reason got killed by a player then showed up with my gear where i was before i got on that day.

You are always stood up when you log into a game. Only when you have control of your character will you go into the prone (or whatever) position you left yourself in. So logging off prone in a field or next to a tree is a good way to get killed when you log back in, because you will be seen by someone is within 200m of you.

You are always stood up when you log into a game. Only when you have control of your character will you go into the prone (or whatever) position you left yourself in. So logging off prone in a field or next to a tree is a good way to get killed when you log back in, because you will be seen by someone is within 200m of you.

Not true. I have logged out prone and came back still prone

Not true. I have logged out prone and came back still prone

re-read what he posted several times till you get it

re-read what he posted several times till you get it

shutup :(