Rauvir

Graphic Glitch: The Fractal Nuke

So I was playing with some buddies last night and we noticed that when we approached military loot zones and looked in a particular direction (generally towards loot buildings), crazy game geometry was spazzing all over the place reaching all the way to the sky, or pointing in random directions, this would also pretty much cover my entire screen (over my character too) making impossible to look in that direction whatsoever.

We did find that it is possible to look away and move sideways towards the location but that generally led to zombies coming from the bugged out location we couldn't see or aim at, chompin' at our butts.

Shutting the game down entirely for a minute or so is a temporary solution as it usually solved our immediate issues but upon making our way to a new location it would promptly bug out again and shit all over the screen.

Has anyone found a more reliable fix for this? I've been scouring the web but there's not a lot on the topic.

In game things I have tried to fix problem:

Fiddling with the HDR - makes it worse across all setings

Fiddling with 3D resolution - no effect

Gamma/Brightness - no effect

Tree/Grass - no effect

Do this it worked for me. Hold shift then press the minus key(on num pad) then type in "flush".

• Like 1

Try updating your gfx drivers. I'd been having the same issue since the last beta patch(ish) and now that I'm using the latest drivers it seems to have fixed it. I ended up using the most recent NVIDIA beta drivers - 304.79

Has nothing to do with drivers. Its been a problem for months. Only real fix is to either remove them completely or dont allow them to reappear after someone removes them on a server restart. Messing with AA can make it ok for while, but it usually comes back.

Had the problem on occassion, even started worrying that my Video card was packing it in. It seems rather random that it happens and only happens while playing DayZ.

I can vouch that I also have this problem. I had to abandon Berezino cause I couldn't see anything outside of this glitch. I'm running on an AMD card.

This issue popped up for me for the first time today (playing DayZ for about 2 weeks). No issues at all, until I started heading for a military spot.

As I got near, and looked towards the loot area, I got the same issue.

Running Radeon HD 6870, all updated. Tried "Shift"+"-" and "flush", The geometry changes but still fucked...just a bit differently fucked.

Has nothing to do with drivers. Its been a problem for months. Only real fix is to either remove them completely or dont allow them to reappear after someone removes them on a server restart. Messing with AA can make it ok for while, but it usually comes back.

Found this post, pretty recent about it but they seem to realise what's going on and are trying to fix it. So, yeah, don't think it was the drivers..... Maybe I'd just got lucky the few times I tried it after the driver update.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49740-graphical-bugs/

thanks for the replies guys, I'll give the shift - and flush a try next time.

I double checked my drivers and I have latest stuff and the fractal bombs only started after I updated so maybe it really is the new drivers.

My group encountered this at the same time last night, we were headed for the Stary military base and as soon as we were in range of the loot the graphics glitched out, all three of us at the same time, it wouldn't of been so bad if a bandit hadn't been hiding in the graphics breakdown taunting us over direct.

nothing to do with your computer, everything to do with the game/engine etc. when my group of 4 all with different comps and gpus all had the same issue when looking in the same direction, we knew it was a game issue and not ours.

-add another bug to the list

this graphic glitch is getting beyond a joke now. its still being caused by the sand bags and barbed wire. the last three days when myself and others head into churno u can't see anythin apart from the glitch if u look south or south/east.

its the same in stary sobor and the south barracks at the NW aifield. we managed to remove some sand bags in stary but its a game killer. cant the sand bags and barbed wire not just be wiped from the game?

Just to wade in and say it happened to my group of three also.

We all have different configurations and when ever we approached a military area it would spas out.

Can everyone confirm there location? There is definetely a pattern in the military loot.

Same thing happened to me, Stary Sobor.. everything fine until I get near and look twowards the military tents.

I got this at NWAF. I messed around with a few settings, but changing the VRAM setting to default seemed to fix it.

its 100% a problem with something in military areas. I started on the cost and it did it instantly at the South airfield, moved to Starry and had it again, moved to the NW airfield...and again.

Had this issue several times. You can often fix it by using the already stated flush [Hold "shift", press "-" on numpad, release both and type flush].

However, yesterday I encountered 2 glitch sources at the north western airfield. One caused by the western barracks, the other one caused by the barb wire close to the low value residential at the eastern exit. Flushing didn't fix it, but my good pal Timmae told me to try changing my antialiasing settings. Had AA turned off, changed it to high, also changed video memory from very high to default and the glitches were gone.

Those glitches are said to be fixed in the next patch, let's hope for the best!

Edited by Bydo

Flush didn't work for me, the only thing that did was to revert back to 1.7.2.3 and a different OA beta file other than the latest two.

Okay so I know everybody knows that the static military zombie bodies at places such as Balota cause these graphical glitches, I was wondering if anyone has figured out a solution besides avoiding these places?

Do this it worked for me. Hold shift then press the minus key(on num pad) then type in "flush".

what he said worked for me :D

nothing comes on the screen once you've pressed shift & and the minus key (at the same time), i then just type flush and got the 'Reciving' screen n boom, no splits of grey in the sky!

Okay so I know everybody knows that the static military zombie bodies at places such as Balota cause these graphical glitches, I was wondering if anyone has figured out a solution besides avoiding these places?

When it gets bad, I just DC from the server completely(lobby and all) and reconnect to it. They go away for a while, but come back eventually.

Edited by jordan2412

today i have this bug at balota, but that ctrl+shift+numpad- and then writing "flush" helped :o First time it worked other for this bug. It helps with barbed wire all the time, tough.