MasLegio (DayZ)

Force Quit = Punishment?

Sometimes my graphics driver crashes and I have to force quit out of the game. When I did it the last time today I was unconcious when I logged back in.

Is this the punishment for forcequitters when they had PVP death?

if so it needs to be adjusted to it does not punish those with technical problems.

Unfortunatly this is a problem that has been around since the beginning of persistant multiplayer gaming.

It is impossible to determine who is 'cheating' by closing their client from who has genuinly suffered a crash.

Unfortunatly this is a problem that has been around since the beginning of persistant multiplayer gaming.

It is impossible to determine who is 'cheating' by closing their client from who has genuinly suffered a crash.

Why would you even care ?

On disconnect character should stay ingame for additional 2 to 5 minutes so everyone should make sure they log off at "safe" spot.

IKShadow has pretty much the only safe and effective way to stop cheaters without punishing tech problems.

Why would you even care ?

On disconnect character should stay ingame for additional 2 to 5 minutes so everyone should make sure they log off at "safe" spot.

Maybe there could be some kind of countdown before your character gets logged off. So in those 2 to 5minutes of logging out that your character is there you can still control him. Like look around and etc. So you arent much of a sitting duck.

but if you forcequit and your body is dead i think that the body should remain!

Cause it would kinda suck if you have to sleep so your character is there for 2 to 5 mins and when you dc cause you need to sleep it so happens that a player see's your body and shoots you dead then takes all your stuff. So then you wake up to nothing. that would suck.

IKShadow has pretty much the only safe and effective way to stop cheaters without punishing tech problems.

So how is, say, crashing in the middle of a gun-fight, or run through town and subsequently having my character standing idle, able to be killed for the next two-five minutes not punishing to tech problems? My game blue-screens more than it probably should. I don't know the cause nor what I can do to fix it. I don't see how this idling method would benefit those people who have crashes and disconnects at all. Find a better way if it's such a huge deal. Right now the concern should be on the multiple accounts of hackers taking over servers and destroying the playability. Such as EU3 last night with all the chaos.