Sign in to follow this  
An_Orphanage

More antibiotics please!

Since the introduction of sickness from the cold, the last day of constant rain seem to be aimed entirely at killing off the various mountain men surviving in the wilderness (who now also require firewood, despite being in a forest) or forcing them to go back into the cities which are pretty heavily camped by bandits.

I get this idea from the insanely low spawn rate (.22%) of antibiotics, which pretty much means any lone survivors or even small groups will be killed quickly either from sickness, bandits or just trying to raid hospitals over and over for the abysmally low drop rate.

It's not the fault of survivalist players that the cities have become overrun with bandits (and in some cases, bandit clans), and it's not fair to try and force people back into towns to fix that problem.

So it would be nice if you could give us a better chance, since blood bags (which have not been refrigerated) have a drop of 22%

I don't mind antibiotics being a non-guaranteed spawn, but right now it is rarer than a silenced M4 and as rare as a DMR. That's kind of ridiculous.

In a survival situation antibiotics would be extremely rare... Some require refrigeration...think there's electricity in this game...nope.

Also, antibiotics also have an expiration date after which its potency is much less effective.

The whole infection/cure issue is very tough in RL under these conditions. Best cure is prevention...

In a survival situation antibiotics would be extremely rare... Some require refrigeration...think there's electricity in this game...nope.

Also' date=' antibiotics also have an expiration date after which its potency is much less effective.

The whole infection/cure issue is very tough in RL under these conditions. Best cure is prevention...

[/quote']

If we're going to go down the "but it's realistic!!" route then of course it needs to be stated that you do not get the cold from being cold, and the cold is a virus, which is not cured by anti-bacterial medicine.

From a "I would like to actually have fun during the 3 hours I play this game" perspective, antibiotics need to be increased.

Also' date=' antibiotics also have an expiration date after which its potency is much less effective.

[/quote']

If we're going to go down the "but it's realistic!!" route then of course it needs to be stated that you do not get the cold from being cold, and the cold is a virus, which is not cured by anti-bacterial medicine.

Duh...

Again - the mechanics for this game element needs to seriously be thought out prior to permanent implementation. I think its quite complex to incorporate it into a simulation like this...so, it just might need to be removed.

[/quote']

From a "I would like to actually have fun during the 3 hours I play this game" perspective, antibiotics need to be increased.

Its a porttrayal of weather effects on your body in the wilderness, not getting a cold. Cold is not really cured with antibiotics. It could be pneumonia for instance. We dont need every fucking plausible disease.

Game is not supposed to be fun, as its not really a "game".

Is there no other way to cure illness? A cold should go away after a certain period of time, or get worse, what have you.

Also, it's not pneumonia, you don't get pneumonia after shivering for 5 minutes. That's not how the thing works.