Sign in to follow this  
Complexlol

US610 hosted by Badnoob

While I do understand why they do it, they have paid for a server (or have a good enough connection to host their own, and the hardware) so they want to play alone.

However it gives everyone else a massive disadvantage when they go up against these players who get all their loot on their own server, then possibly log to other servers and kill players there with the loot they got on their own. An unfair disadvantage to other players may aswell be cheating, everyone else has to put up with the fear/paranoia of being killed, why do these people get to avoid that just because they have their own server? Its not how the game was meant to be played especially when there is no risk, but maximum reward.

While I do understand why they do it, they have paid for a server (or have a good enough connection to host their own, and the hardware) so they want to play alone.

However it gives everyone else a massive disadvantage when they go up against these players who get all their loot on their own server, then possibly log to other servers and kill players there with the loot they got on their own. An unfair disadvantage to other players may aswell be cheating, everyone else has to put up with the fear/paranoia of being killed, why do these people get to avoid that just because they have their own server? Its not how the game was meant to be played especially when there is no risk, but maximum reward.

They arnt allowed as soon as the community admins see this they will be either getting banned or losing their server hosting right.

Actually Complex, that was not me as I do not have a Bus, or a truck, or a van. I have an ATV and the group I play with has an ATV. The group with the bus, the white truck and the van were hacking. At the time I kicked EVERYONE off the server, I was in the west woods at my tent. I received a bunch of complaints on teamspeak about someone spawning people to one location and killing them. To avoid having everyone lose their items I WAS KICKING everyone. Upon this my teamspeak started getting trolled. I asked you three times "Who are you, respond or you will be kicked". You did not respond so you were kicked assuming you were the hacker trying to troll me. Sorry you had a bad experience on my server. So since you all like to jump onto a topic without getting the full facts, please ask any of the regulars who play on my sever who can attest to the fact, that I only kick people when there is someone hacking and I CAN NOT identify the individual quickly in the server logs. This action is to prevent players on the server from being teleported and killed losing their gear.

REPEAT. EVERYONE WAS KICKED FROM THE SERVER, the time frame was 15 mins as I was reviewing the logs to try to identify the server. Many players such as yourself continued to reconnect and I kicked them as well. MY SERVER IS NEVER LOCKED OR PASSWORD PROTECTED. I only kick when there is a hacker or if ping is to high.

If you would have had a mic and spoke up on teamspeak I would have explained the situation. Also you insulted me by calling me a kiddo in the text on teamspeak chat, why would I take that?

As for low pop, there is usually 20 or so people on my server, most are regulars.

Edit: Kick not keep*. Also he did not respond in teamspeak on voice, but did on text.

Edited by Zer0affect

Also, in fact, you are welcome to come back and play and see how I don't kick people very often. Most times I warn someone with a server message that they will be kicked due to high ping, offensive name, or disrupting the game.

I urge you, try to connect tonight when I am on as admin and you will see NO ONE get kicked unfairly. As a matter of a fact, please connect and play all week so I can show you how I don't kick without reason, and how much fun we have on the server. Now that I know you weren't the hacker, please join me on teamspeak, I will explain everything to you and we can joke around! If you play enough, I will even show you where my camp is so you can see how I don't have a horde of vehicles and also, that mostly on my server everyone jokes around and the regulars are all very friendly.

Just yesterday one of my regulars was really upset that someone stole their vehicle and they wanted me to kick the person, which I did not.

Colgate, Bizon and, Headhunter are not players that I know or that I recognise as regulars on the server, I do not have a bus or a van. I can tell you 100 percent that my actions, which I admitted to will in no way get me blacklisted or banned. I was simply trying to invite you back to the server and be polite, you come back defensive. I could care less about farming gear or vehicles as I often die and lose them, my camp has been flattened by other players many times, I am frankly not that attached to gear in this game some people seem to be.

I do the community a service by hosting a server to play on, keeping it fair, balanced, and providing monitoring. Remember it costs admins money to host a server. Without us, you would have no place to play. Show some of us the benefit of the doubt as not all of us are bad guys. I honestly could care less about a ban or blacklist, it means a spare 60 bucks a month for me and I'll just play on someone else's server. I don't have a group of friends that play, I only have 1 and we don't often even meet up because most times one of us is dead and the other is far away, he gets no special treatment on my server. In fact, I have kicked him before being an ass.

Also, your claims come with no substantiating evidence, I could have simply posted a reply like "screen or it didn't happen" but I didn't. I explained the situation and invited you back to play so you could see what playing on my server is really like.

You don't want to hear it, you just want to rage.

Trust me, my server won't be blacklisted, I won't be banned, as I have done nothing wrong and nothing again the TOS of DayZ. So, I am done trying to be polite.

Also, at no time were you banned from the server or teamspeak, you were only kicked while I was trying to identify the player that was teleporting people and killing them.

If you want, I can leave the server be a free for all, never log in as admin again and let hackers, ghosters, and exploiters run rampent ruing the fun for everyone. Your choice. My sole purpose for hosting a server is to give players a place to play and also, having a place to play that I know will be running because I notice so many server go missing after a short while.

Until you try running your own server, dealing with hackers, dealing with people complaing, give us the benefit of the doubt. Did you try to rejoin 20 mins later? No, as once I figured out who was causing the problems I only had to kick that one person, and if you want to research it, you can see that players were only being kicked for 10 mins, while I searched the server logs to identify who was causing trouble. After that, everyone else was allowed back in to play at thier own will.

If you don't like how I manage the server feel free to play on any one of the 3000 others. Trust me, you will run into problems everywhere as this game is in alpha and all kinds of things go wrong and admins kick people all the time for no reason at all, it has happened to me. Atleast I have a reason.

Frankly, I have a good reputation as a server admin on Reddit, and that matters a lot more to me then one person having a bad time.

Also, since I only have an ATV and no really good gear, it is no harm to me if my server gets banned, only the people who play on my server all the time and that have large camps will be hurt, I don't have much to lose and I can just move onto another server and save myself the frustration and money.

Anyway, best of luck in your survival, my you find many beans.