Sign in to follow this  
manOFsnow

Admin Abuse - US 362

I was told to put this here, so yea, here's what happened.

• Traveled to NEAF found motorbike
  • Took motorbike west/northwest looking for camps to loot
  • Found a HUGE camp that looked like a city
  • Had 2 busses, 2 ural (1 blue 1 green), 1 jeep, 1 uaz, 1 hatchback, and now 1 motorbike
  • 100+ wire fencing tools
  • 50+nvg
  • 10+AS50
  • 50-70 USED sandbags as fortifications

• I was looting this camp, who wouldn't, and 2 guys popped out of nowhere so I dropped to prone under cover of sandbags.
  • I was shot while trying to get a primary weapon to shoot back with.
  • (This is the bad part)
  • After respawning I receive a private message from
  • 'Admin':(not exact words) we were going to let you go but you had the location marked on your map so we had to kill you. (How could they know this)
  • Me: how could you know that I marked the location of (012, 076) (actually where the camp was/is)
  • Admin: whatever, its still better than getting a ban
  • Me: if you ban me I will take drastic action against your server
  • Communication ended there.

• At this point a friend of mine had already entered the server to help me loot the camp and was on his way.
  • I'm not sure what happened, either my friend was able to kill them or they left.
  • Friend looted and took a blue ural to come meet up where I spawned, the town between Cherno and Elektro.
  • They kicked me, then restarted server while friend and I were driving in truck
  • Come back into server, I take truck to one of the northern cities wait for friend to get back from his second trip to the "admin" camp
  • He destroys all the cars/rucks and flattens the tents
  • Then he takes a jeep and meets up with me
  • Friend and I start driving to Elektro
  • I am then banned (from the server? or from all of battle eye?) for cheating/hacking
  • Server is restarted again.

So that's my part, I'm not sure that any admins will show their faces to the kind of issue I am presenting here so it might just be my half of the story... at this point I would like some closure as to where I am banned from and if any action will be taken against this type of... foolishness.

Thanks, let me know if there's something I'm supposed to do.

• Like 1

• 'Admin':(not exact words) we were going to let you go but you had the location marked on your map so we had to kill you. (How could they know this)

The maps are shared..... its not your private one... all or at least many others with a map will see your notes...

The maps are shared..... its not your private one... all or at least many others with a map will see your notes...

I didn't know that thanks.

Please note: this post is meant for the 5% of server owners who are being dicks, not the 95% who are awesome.

Server owners need to start wising up. We are only processing about 20 to 30% of server requests for hosting due to the massive volume of offers. The clan servers need to realize they cannot just do whatever they feel like because their actions affect the rest of the game and the servers.

In short, their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

DayZ staff should process server requests much more carefully, as many of current server admins are total *censored*holes.

DayZ staff should process server requests much more carefully, as many of current server admins are total *censored*holes.

Is there a way to remove a server from being shown to players? Can you maybe explain what a server request is?

Everybody share the same "map" on the server?

Is there a way to remove a server from being shown to players? Can you maybe explain what a server request is?

It's called a whitelist (for servers to be added to the Hive - main DayZ database with any character info (like items in inventory, health status, location etc.)) and blacklist -the ones that are not in whitelist. To add your server to the Hive (to whitelist it) administrator of a potential server files a server request on a DayZ website.

Everybody share the same "map" on the server?

All map markers are shared within a server. Map markers are cleared on a restart.

Edited by Infineon