Sign in to follow this  
asbrazier@gmail.com

Logic to Respawn button removal

I don't want to put up a huge post regarding this subject, but I just wanted to say this.

I understand that respawning over and over puts strain on servers and so a solution has to be found. However, I and everyone else I know who plays DayZ play it with others and every single one of them is just trying to die as soon as possible to get a better respawn so we can play together. I feel I could confidently assume the overwhelming majority of players are also doing the same.

People with limited gaming time want to be able to spend time with friends and will always do whatever they can to bypass this mechanism.

For this reason, I think a system allowing you to choose a spawn (obviously carefully selected locations by Devs) but also allowing the players who want to play a more hardcore version an option to spawn randomly is necessary.

My 2 cents.

Well, your testing a mod in the early alpha stages. Suck it up, things take time. its really a non issue.

So you kill someone on a coastal town, they re spawn closest to your location and flak you?

no, removal of the respawn was a step in the right direction.

I presume you've never tested a pre-release game then?

What do you in Alpha and beta is provide feedback on changes after testing, you don't "suck it up and keep quiet.

• Like 1

Putting up a fuckload of catwire and sandbags puts WAY WAY more strain on servers, the spawn system your thinking of will have issues in itself, like everyones going to be spawning closest to cherno/elektro so snipers will be lining the roads into town.

No, if your a new player trying to play with your friends like I did my first time i got killed 20 times by ass whole bandits leavaris your retarded. You obousily have no friends to play with therfore you dont have any were spesific to spawn

I'm not going to call you and your Left4Dead WoW playing friends 'casual' but... well, fuck it, you're casual players. If you want to play DayZ where everyone spawns in the exact same location because it's better for playing with friends.... Make it. This is just a mod to a game. The scripting isn't that difficult. Creating a hive server might not be easy, but since it's just you and your friends playing you can save your mission progress. Real Virtuality 2 is actually a great engine for modding, so good luck and high five!

http://www.armaholic.com

http://www.ofpec.com

Edited by Daedalao
  • Like 1

American currency is worthless in South Zagoria, especially since the beginning of the apocalypse.I think there is a new Left 4 Dead game coming out, maybe you would be happier over there!?

Moved to general Discussion.

I thought the main focus was on accidental respawn initiation. Couple of my group members have accidentally pressed respawn when trying to access the "Options" tab. I had no idea that respawning stresses the server so that sounds a little more like what it was for now.

No, if your a new player trying to play with your friends like I did my first time i got killed 20 times by ass whole bandits leavaris your retarded. You obousily have no friends to play with therfore you dont have any were specific to spawn

if you cant find them, go play my lil pony's or care bears. cant handle zed or bandit? go uninstall, your not ready for dayz.

as for the friends, i raid with them daily in dayz. hoping from town to town, 14 of us in one bus. as well as several other games we all play. occasionally catch a beer with them, or how about my wife, siting next to me popping the zeds i aggro for which i reward her later that night ;) so once again please refer to my previous my lil pony comment, perhaps that will be more your gaming level.

Edited by Leavaris

People with limited gaming time want to be able to spend time with friends and will always do whatever they can to bypass this mechanism.

and that's why it is gone.