Zealot (DayZ)

Tent City US 546 come get your loot

Yeti Bros have uncovered for YOU! free loot!

the server is US 546, the coords are in the video....

if you visit this camp, please save the tents before you leave.

go at your own peril.

happy hunting!

Pretty small tent city if you ask me :\

not cool in my opinion..

It would be "not cool" to come with two trucks on same location, different server, and with server-hops to loot everything away.

These guys just gave a chance to ANYONE to get good gear. Way to go.

Might be a trap as well though :D Who knows...

Edited by Infineon

It would be "not cool" to come with two trucks on same location, different server, and with server-hops to loot everything away.

These guys just gave a chance to ANYONE to get good gear. Way to go.

Might be a trap as well though :D Who knows...

that the risk that you have to take now that its public knowledge.... just giving everyone a fair shake

Hi Zealot.

As Admin of US 546 I've asked a Mod to review this thread (and the other one you started). The reason being this level of meta-gaming 'public naming' of a location of a map now basically makes that part of the map a no-go area on my server, which in turn makes my server less popular to play on and reduces the effective play area my regulars can build a camp in. Since your post we've already seen two large groups of already highly geared players rush the area. I've personally had to ban several players for running around with hacked weapons they felt they needed to bring to the party.

You may have thought you were giving people a 'fair shake' but in fact you've compromised the experience for players on US 546. At this stage I may be forced to rename the server if the groups keep showing up to use that camp as a noob trap.

I would appreciate if you removed your video and delete the two posts you've made on this subject.

Thanks,

Nashable - Admin of US 546.

Edited by Nashable
  • Like 5

I've personally had to ban several players for running around with hacked weapons they felt they needed to bring to the party.

Could I ask you why you bann people with hacked weapons? From what I know hacked in weapons are legit to keep on you if you find them only 'hacking' them in isnt allowed or did they change their policy on this? Just so I dindt miss anything

Could I ask you why you bann people with hacked weapons? From what I know hacked in weapons are legit to keep on you if you find them only 'hacking' them in isnt allowed or did they change their policy on this? Just so I dindt miss anything

I personally have the opinion that anyone using a hacked item is just as bad as the person that hacked/scripted it in.

I find it ridiculous that people think it is not ok to hack/script something in to the game that should not be there, but it is ok to use hacked/scripted items as long as someone else did the hacking/scripting.

• Like 1

I agree, but still Day Z staff thinks otherwise so I cant kick/ban people for it. A clan only has to get 1 new account hack a bunch of items in and dupe the sh!t out of it and they are topped off for a few bucks.

Nashable,

Even if you rename it, you would have to also change the IP address or people could find you at 66.212.17.219 Port: 2312

Anyway, I think this metagaming is fun (and Rocket likes metagaming for what it's worth).

lol someones gonna be mad their dupe farm is gone.

Nashable,

Even if you rename it, you would have to also change the IP address or people could find you at [Removed]

Changing the port is possible, but all you are doing now is creating more work for me as the admin. You're not actually preventing anything other than personally impacting me. I'd appreciate it if you removed that information from your post, sure other people could look it up but again it wouldn't be easily associated with this video.

I spend a lot of time working with the regular groups playing on that server, I provide VOIP and a forum in an effort to build a community there. I actively monitor logs for signs that people are cheating and I ban them where I have proof. I feel that some people's short term need to hurt/grief other players (or to steal a few weapons) is losing site of a bigger picture here. This is just one case of a single youtube video, what if I went ahead and started a website that documented EVERY camp in the game on EVERY server? Would that be fun metagaming, no it would effectively stop people using camps/tents and overall kill any sense of achievement for organized group play.

Anyway, I think this metagaming is fun (and Rocket likes metagaming for what it's worth).

Ah citing the name of the holy one. For what it's worth (and someone can probably pull better google fu than me) I believe the meta-gaming Rocket mentioned was related to going onto a rival clans teamspeak and learning the location of their camp. I never got the impression that posting the locations of camps on specific servers was what he meant by meta-gaming.

Camps are stupid anyways.

I've got several set up on US 401, and some people think they're seriously "our clans camps". What scamps these people are.

While you're looting junk out of tents we've specifically set up for the purposes of keeping you busy and distracted, we're living like Bedouin merchant kings.

Its quite hilarious really, all you have to do to keep people out of your camps is to ensure you've damn well convinced them that any camp they find is extensive enough for them to believe its actually your primary camp.

I meta-gamed your metagame. Others will probably catch on soon enough too.

Oh and don't mind all the flies at our "camps"....not sure what is attracting them all....really.

I personally have the opinion that anyone using a hacked item is just as bad as the person that hacked/scripted it in.

I find it ridiculous that people think it is not ok to hack/script something in to the game that should not be there, but it is ok to use hacked/scripted items as long as someone else did the hacking/scripting.

Not everyone reads the wiki to see which guns are legit. Punishing people for picking up stuff they legally find is retarded.

Thats an over-populated place on the server; Most tent cities I find are there.

Not everyone reads the wiki to see which guns are legit. Punishing people for picking up stuff they legally find is retarded.

My bestfriend..err.."Stranger I've never met" spawns a few hacked weapons.

I of course am standing next to him, just out of coincidence and happen to kill him, by coincidence of course.

Coincidently, I see some awesome guns on him, and I coincidently pick them up.

Coincidently I "have never read the wiki" so I don't know what's legit or not.

It's all just one big coincidence, after all.

See why your reasoning is bullshit yet?

BattlEye doenst bann for picked up weapons.

http://www.battleye.com/support.html

No one is banned for using non-hack programs (like Fraps, overlays, etc.), picking up or using hacked in-game items, weapons or vehicles, being on a server at the same time as a cheater, or other passive non-cheating activity. Therefore all requests mentioning these things as possible reasons for the global ban are ignored.

And that quote was few months ago from Rocket, he maybe wasnt familair with BattlEye and how they operate.

Edited by Chauz