Sign in to follow this  
mistikal

1.7.2.4 artifacting caused by dead military bodies.

Ok so i was doing some testing last night, a group of us all went on the same server (night server), i spawned near green mountain and the rest were fresh spawns.

We spawn in and everyone who spawned anywhere near a military spawn point with dead bodies had major artifacting similar to that caused by barb wire fencing, note this was the static dead military bodies not the ones you kill.

I went towards green mountain peek and as i looked towards the main gate sure enough major artifacting going on all over the place, i dropped my camera to look at the ground just so i could see infront a bit and i noticed that i could see the origin of the artifacting, i kept the camera at the same level and slowly walked towards the source, when i got close it turned into a military bodie.

I told this tot he rest of our group and sure enough it was the same for them, the military tents in cherno, same in balota, same again in the airfield i went to which was a dam nightmare to navigate.

We tried the shift - flush but this didnt do anything.

The strange thing is i changed server when i logged out at the airfield and the next server it was fine.

Maybe the devs can check this out cause it seems a but strange that 7 people experienced the exact same thing with different pc setups at different locations of the map, all of the same latest patch btw.

Edited by Mistikal

Yeah, we needed another thread about this. Thanks.

Well since i have actually reported a source of the artifacting for the devs to look into rather than just crying about it i dont see why you have to be a moron about it.

• Like 2

Odly enough, this happens if there is a body behind a wall too.

Also happened to me on green mountain, completely fucked up my vision i couldn't see anything, only happens on same servers

Yeah, we needed another thread about this. Thanks.

Another reply with nothing useful to add, thanks.

@OP

I'm having the same issue, it's completely unplayable to me at this point unless someone finds a fix for this issue.

I had something similar with barbed wire before but it's wasn't that glitchy as it is right now.

So far all i heard was gossip, you know, disabling HDR, disabling anti-aliasing, switching servers, but none of those are permanent solutions.

If you find anything capable of fixing this issue let us know, please.

Edited by Fenrig

Video options -> Advanced -> Video memory -> Default

It fixed artifacting for me.

I can confirm this does fix the artifacting for the military dead bodies.

Video options -> Advanced -> Video memory -> Default

It fixed artifacting for me.

FFS. Create the 732rd thread on the subject, yes because that's going to help

Why can't you people seem to use the search function? More importantly how could you miss this http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49740-graphical-bugs/ since it's at the top of this bloody section??

Geez use your brains people and stop mutliple threading...it's not helping

this does seem to have fixed it, thanks

Nope. It doesn't fix it, yes it works temporarily but it's a known issue and caused by whatever was changed in last patch ie 1.7.2.4.

If you read a little and used search you would know this.

I can confirm this does fix the artifacting for the military dead bodies.

Nah, you really can't. Have fun being dissapointed when it comes back later on. All these fixes are TEMPORARY. Changing any or some video options fixes it for a while, but the only true fix will come later today in the form of 1.7.2.5.