Sign in to follow this  
Festral

FPS Drop In Main Cities

After using this (

http://dayzmod.com/f...phics-properly/) guide for configuring my graphics settings properly as accordingly, my FPS appears to be perfect in the NW airfield, Stary, Novy etc... however, when I approach Elektro and actually move into the town, my FPS seems to drop dramatically (I would probably say around 15/25 FPS) which to me is pretty poor. I have listed my computer's specification below and included an image of my video settings. Suggestions to improving this issue are welcome!

System specification:

Intel i7 950 @ 3.07 GHz

12GB DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GTX 480 1566 MB

120GB SSD

2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache

Current video settings in-game:

Plkhc.jpg

Jesus Christ. Set that shit to high. No wonder your lagging. Your pc is loading every damn detail in the city you step into.

It's not just in main cities (though of course cities are even worse). For me at least. I'm getting atrocious frame rate ever since they rolled out the Arma2OA 1.62 update (ie non beta). Before I was lucky if I could get 25-60, average 40-45fps. Now I'm lucky to get even 20FPS and it's basically unplayable. I have never played vanilla Arma II but just tried it and it runs smoooooth as on exactly the same settings.

My settings are also not on "stupid" (sorry op but your settings are way OTT even for your specs), I have tweaked the hell out of it and found the best settings for me are:

Video Mem=Default

Texture Detail=Normal

Aniso=High

AA=Low/Normal (makes no difference to FPS)

Terrain Detail=Very Low

Object Detail=Very Low

Shadow Detail=High

HDR Quality=Normal

FXAA= PPAA=1/ PPAA Level=1 (set in Arma2OA.cfg)

ATOC=5

Vsync=enabled

Shading Quality=0

Frames Ahead=1

Post Processing Effects=Disabled

I suggest trying everything on normal, except shadows on high or very high, disable PP, and HDR on normal or high.

Edited by Irenicus

This game is in alpha; it's NOT optimized. Do you know what alpha is? It's earlier then beta if you didn't know.

Manually set your video memory by selecting "Default" in game and then editing your ArmA2OA.cfg file to enter your amount of video memory in the LocalVRAM= line (sorry, not on a machine with ArmA2 installed, so the line might be worded slightly differently). The entry needs to be made in bytes.

This game is in alpha; it's NOT optimized. Do you know what alpha is? It's earlier then beta if you didn't know.

Whoah woah calm down sir, I fully understand that this game is in the alpha stage but that does not necessarily mean that the performance side of things are crippled in terms of them being undeveloped as such.

Whoah woah calm down sir, I fully understand that this game is in the alpha stage but that does not necessarily mean that the performance side of things are crippled in terms of them being undeveloped as such.

Yes it does.

Jesus Christ. Set that shit to high. No wonder your lagging. Your pc is loading every damn detail in the city you step into.

Will take this into consideration, thank you.

Yes it does.

Well I see no harm in posting this anyway.

Will take this into consideration, thank you.

It's quite obvious actually.

Manually set your video memory by selecting "Default" in game and then editing your ArmA2OA.cfg file to enter your amount of video memory in the LocalVRAM= line (sorry, not on a machine with ArmA2 installed, so the line might be worded slightly differently). The entry needs to be made in bytes.

Thank you! Will try this for sure.

This is very wrong. The MOD is in alpha, the GAME is officially released. The mod is based upon an engine that has been released, the fps issues people experience in DayZ is not due to source, its due to object cleanup that is bugged in DayZ. Very little that you do with your settings will help as long as object cleanup is broken

Refer to this thread http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49489-rocketdayz-team-object-cleanup-are-you-aware/ and bump it so we can hear from Rocket, if a fix is on the way.

• Like 1

This is very wrong. The MOD is in alpha, the GAME is officially released. The mod is based upon an engine that has been released, the fps issues people experience in DayZ is not due to source, its due to object cleanup that is bugged in DayZ. Very little that you do with your settings will help as long as object cleanup is broken

Refer to this thread http://dayzmod.com/f...-are-you-aware/ and bump it so we can hear from Rocket, if a fix is on the way.

Thanks for that information. I would guess that this has a big effect on the FPS problems on all servers.