Sign in to follow this  
Krisiun

My graphics are lagging like hell, or could this be the server?

So these are my specs:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/826/47499525.jpg/

But whenever I load up the game it lags like hell, been trying to tone down the settings and stuff but the whole thing just doesn't look as crisp and clean cut as I have seen on videos and such, then when zombies run towards me or if i run away there always seems to be a break in the graphics where it just doesn't react to my actions and struggles to load up new scenery.

There are 600 threads, and 600x5 replies with helpful info. Go search.

You don't have a good gpu. Why do you expect "crisp and clean" graphics?

Because I can run games like Battlefield 3 on high settings without a hitch, not a single problem in the grpahics but when I try and run this, what I can only assume to be not as powerful as the battlefield 3 engine I expect more out of it than lagging like hell.

There are 600 threads, and 600x5 replies with helpful info. Go search.

Link me to them and I shall but posting that isn't helpful.

Because I can run games like Battlefield 3 on high settings without a hitch, not a single problem in the grpahics but when I try and run this, what I can only assume to be not as powerful as the battlefield 3 engine I expect more out of it than lagging like hell.

plz, come back when bf3 engine will suport highly detailed 225km2 world

• Like 1

Why does everyone think that playing BF3 on high settings automatically means they can play any other game on the market on high settings. I can play BF3 on ultra, but I have to play with normal/low settings for DayZ. I have the HD 5770.

plz, come back when bf3 engine will suport highly detailed 225km2 world

Thank you for that helpful and informative post. Thanks to your obviously thought out and well written out reply I now know how to sort out my problem.

This engine is way more powerful than Frostbite. Sure sure, blah blah blah Battlefield 3 looks great.

But Arma is actually simulating a metric fuck ton of under the hood stuff.

But I will cut to the chase. Some servers affect your FPS, and you have a pretty weak PC, weak CPU and a 2 gen old midtier GPU.

I got a 5850, and it is not powerful enough to play on very high setting....unless I want to play on 15 FPS.

Again, there are 600 threads you can use to go debug you problem and there is a Search function.

Nope I will not link them for you, I want to teach you how to fish. Not just give you the fish.

Nope I will not link them for you, I want to teach you how to fish. Not just give you the fish.

>Implies I haven't already done that

>Still not very helpful.

Krisiun, you have a weak setup for Arma 2. Upgrade you pc bro. <33 *kisses*

...or play on normal/low settings and forget about getting "crisp" graphics.

btw, playing on low is highly recommended, as shadows and detailed brush provide great ability to stealth for enemies. also that detailed crisped graph distracts you from important details, that can save your life.

^_^

Edited by mezmery