thoxon

My top 10 list of new gameplay ideas.

Here are 10 things, in no particular order, that I would like to see added to the game.

1. Flare gun. Can be used as a distress call. Set zed's on fire as a last line of defense. Start a fire when you don't have matches.

2. Flamethrower. Can be refilled with petro cans. Devistating at short distance, but slowers overall movement speed.

3. Fireplaces. Make them usuable in certain houses. It would be great to see a smoke plum coming from a chimmey stack in the distance on a rainy day. Who's in there? Are they friendly? Bandits?

4. Lockable doors. Make doors lock from the inside. Keep the bad guys out and the good guys in. Especially, when trying to keep warm around a fireplace.

5. Destructable doors. Since doors can be locked, they should be destructable depending on the material. Wooden doors could be "unlocked" with a few good shotgun blast. Metal doors, unlocked with rpg's or grenades(?).

6.Character creation tool. A robust character creation tool would help distinguish players from each other. It would be easier to identify friend from foe since bandit skins are on the way out.

7. Quarantined zones. Have the big cities quarantined off with military npc's. Their job being to keep the zeds in and the looters out. In order to get into the city, you can either go the stealthy route and slip past the guards unnoticed, or all guns blazing with a small group and take them out heads on through the checkpoints.

8. Adaptive difficulty settings. Ramp up the number of zeds dependings on group size in a given area. 6 people storming an military outpost should face as equally hard challenge as someone doing it solo.

9. Roaming hordes. What would be scarier than seeing a pack of 20-30 zeds randomally travelling long distances, reeking havoc on everything in it's path?

10. Paratrooping. Rather than starting on the beach, how about starting high above the island with a parachute being able to have some control over where you land.

I like 3, 4 and 5.

7. You could also have safe zones. Maybe like the bases in Stalker that are held and controlled by in game AI and where you can't use weapons.

8. Or...have different types of zeds with differing abilities.

Military NPCs would lead to easy ammo with a few headshots. Shouldn't be implemented.

Unless you're talking about an army..

Safe Zones are a better idea I think, also it would be good to start in the safe zone on each respawn however you would lose the edge of being lost in the wilderness.

Personally I'd like to see the lights of some cities turned back on, dont see why we immidietly lose all electricity when apocalypse happens :p

Instead of a lootable city with guards I'd prefer random, 'Cleansing Teams' roaming the island

I don't like the military idea, at all. Although I would like to see lights in cities, or on the roads, the pure darkness get's kind of annoying especially when you respawn. Flares suck. Also, hows about better zombie AI? They're pretty glitchy atm, each village or small town should have more buildings that can be explored too, its disappointing to sneak around only to see all of the buildings are locked up.

I like no.10 actually. Would alleviate the problem I've seen of recently respawned bandits camping spawn points. Would also give you a nice survey of the land so you can plan your route when you hit the ground.

No more AI other than Zeds thank you, let the players create the safe zones. Also parachuting down when you spawn while sounds novel, we're meant to be survivors not the SAS.

Also parachuting down when you spawn while sounds novel' date=' we're meant to be survivors not the SAS.

[/quote']

We always seem to spawn at the coast which gives me the impression that we came from the sea.

Even though story is probably not the aim of this mod you could actually explain that with story elements.

For example survivors being outlaws that are dropped on chernarus which fulfills the role of a prison zone. Maybe because normal prisons are full or too unsafe to sustain in such a social breakdown. And kicking the outlaws off a plane is safer than going down to cherno and unload them at the coast while risking an infection or whatever :P

I dont like the lockable doors idea or the AI guarding a town!

Idk guys if you put these in its like your mixing skyrim and flyff

Or Runescape with zombies!

I like 1, 3, 6

I hate the rest

Right now its perfect.

Flare gun and fireplaces sounds good to me, the flare gun would let you illuminate a small town for a good couple of minutes, maybe enough time for a sneaky survivor to find a comfy barn for the evening.

Also parachuting down when you spawn while sounds novel' date=' we're meant to be survivors not the SAS.

[/quote']

We always seem to spawn at the coast which gives me the impression that we came from the sea.

Even though story is probably not the aim of this mod you could actually explain that with story elements.

For example survivors being outlaws that are dropped on chernarus which fulfills the role of a prison zone. Maybe because normal prisons are full or too unsafe to sustain in such a social breakdown. And kicking the outlaws off a plane is safer than going down to cherno and unload them at the coast while risking an infection or whatever :P

I was seeing it as more like Chernarus being the last known "Safe Zone". Maybe i'm getting it from res evil where they go north or whatever to find that place but they were wrong... hmm anyway.

INTRO MOVIE:

Maybe they could start the mod with a small intro vid of you on a boat with some survivors listening to a radio broadcast like "Find salvation at Chernarus, there is no infection" etc etc blah blah. Then a storm hits just off shore and you and your friends are sent over board and wash up skattered along the coast. Shortly after waking up on the beach you inevitably find out something went horribly wrong in Chernarus.

MORE IDEAS:

1:Player dead bodies should become Zombies once killed

2:Zombies should get back up after a set time (like 2-5 mins) if NOT shot in the head

3:Lighter night time (It is just TOO dark...Use of the moon?)

4:Darker forests during the day (Maybe more dense?)

5:Zombies in forests so you will always need to be on guard (and to scare the shit out of people)

6:The ability to pick up and throw objects to potentially break zombies/players legs and to use as a decoy

1. Flare gun. Can be used as a distress call. Set zed's on fire as a last line of defense. Start a fire when you don't have matches.

Yes.

Except for the last 2 things.

2. Flamethrower. Can be refilled with petro cans. Devistating at short distance' date=' but slowers overall movement speed.

[/quote']

I don't think this would work too well in Arma 2.

3. Fireplaces. Make them usuable in certain houses. It would be great to see a smoke plum coming from a chimmey stack in the distance on a rainy day. Who's in there? Are they friendly? Bandits?

If this could work then it would good.

4. Lockable doors. Make doors lock from the inside. Keep the bad guys out and the good guys in. Especially' date=' when trying to keep warm around a fireplace.

5. [b']Destructable doors. Since doors can be locked, they should be destructable depending on the material. Wooden doors could be "unlocked" with a few good shotgun blast. Metal doors, unlocked with rpg's or grenades(?).

Once again, if this can be done then it would be great.

6.Character creation tool. A robust character creation tool would help distinguish players from each other. It would be easier to identify friend from foe since bandit skins are on the way out.

Edit your profile to change your face.

You will be able to find different clothes once the survivor/bandit thing is gone.

7. Quarantined zones. Have the big cities quarantined off with military npc's. Their job being to keep the zeds in and the looters out. In order to get into the city' date=' you can either go the stealthy route and slip past the guards unnoticed, or all guns blazing with a small group and take them out heads on through the checkpoints.

[/quote']

I believe human AI characters would be a bad thing in any situation in this mod.

8. Adaptive difficulty settings. Ramp up the number of zeds dependings on group size in a given area. 6 people storming an military outpost should face as equally hard challenge as someone doing it solo.

What would be the point of teaming up?

9. Roaming hordes. What would be scarier than seeing a pack of 20-30 zeds randomally travelling long distances' date=' reeking havoc on everything in it's path?

[/quote']

This would be cool but their paths should be limited to certain areas.

I would hate to spawn at my camp and see zombies surrounding me.

10. Paratrooping. Rather than starting on the beach' date=' how about starting high above the island with a parachute being able to have some control over where you land.

[/quote']

Nope.

What are you parachuting from?

Why are you parachuting into a zombie infested country?

The other problems with this are that you would see heaps of parachutes falling from the sky which would ruin immersion, and those falling would be easy targets for bandits.