fearz0r

6Launcher and DayZ Commander inconsistencies

Hey all,

I've been trying to meet up with a mate on a server, and in both 6Launcher and DayZ Commander 90% of all servers either of us suggest, the other one cannot see. We have the same Arma2, Dayz, Beta, and launcher versions..

Anyone else experienced this before? Any solutions?

Yep, it seems that some of the servers only appear in DayZ Commander and some of them only in Six Launcher...

Don't know why that's happening though.

Yep, it seems that some of the servers only appear in DayZ Commander and some of them only in Six Launcher...

Don't know why that's happening though.

Sorry, mate.. what I meant by inconsistencies was that using either of these launchers, we both couldn't see the same servers. So for example I'd search UK331 on both 6launcher and commander, and my mate couldn't see it in either. And vice versa.. <_<

Probably bug on GameSpy side... Can only see 500 servers in Commander. Also dont see our servers we host on any of them. Yesterday it worked fine.

Probably bug on GameSpy side... Can only see 500 servers in Commander. Also dont see our servers we host on any of them. Yesterday it worked fine.

Bingo! that's exactly what I'm seeing.. hmmm.. hope it's fixed soon.

Both applications use an externally built app called gs_list.exe

This small app doesnt isn't support by gamespy, but is what is causing the issues.

I've been having the exact same issue as you have. It's really irritating when you spend more time trying to find a server everyone can see than actually playing.

Well, hopefully it goes back to how it was before. B)

Edited by Voxgizer

Does DayZ Commander show non-hive servers as well? I'm trying to find one, and i just can't see it.

Or is this related to the fact that it's only showing 500 servers?

Edited by Fenrig

Yes, DayZ commander shows Private servers as well. 500 servers is bug - its been worked on.

I've updated commander (0.9.0.51) to use a backup-list from gamespy (hosted on my server) automaticlally, when gamespy is having issues. But none of the new servers that come online now are going to show up until gamespy fixes things.