Sign in to follow this  
Tsyn

Chopper Crash Sites

I'm confused and annoyed. For three days I've been looking to find a Crash Site and I've done enough wandering around to find a few. Unfortunately for me, I've found none...

A buddy of mine told me that crash sites can spawn anywhere in open fields or along hillsides. I also noticed that DayZDB removed the crash sites off of their loot map. So the real question is: Did they change the spawns of choppers, or will a map guide me to possible locations of crash site spawns?

Crash Sites just spawn anywhere, They're not really pre determined, If you find one crash site on Server 1 It won't be there on Server 2.

Like your friend said, Open fields are your best bet, often they're midway between 'civillization' and nowhere.

Me and my group don't use the 'cheat maps' yet we still manage to find plenty of crashed heli's. We usually just loop the north part of the map looking for camps and heli's along the way/

Thats funny because me and my mate keep running into crash sites, with no loot spawned.

Imagine our excitment when we see the crash site in the distance and every time we get disapointed since there is no loot.

There is a total of 2 heli crash sites on a server (random spawn).

They despawn at server restart (which is normaly once a day or twice).

When looted, the spawn and the loot will be reset at next server restart.

Loot may bug a lot in DayZ. That means, look carefully around the crash site, in the grass with your nose down and keep on scrolling until you see somthing pop op on the "Open gear" menu to your left.

there can be more than 2 heli crash sites, i found 3 in almost a straight line between novy and devils castle. look around the sobors, theres almost always at least 1 there.

I've done 2 helicopter crash sites in the last week. Got a buttload of nice gear. Even got me a SAW and killed a bunch of players with it. I love this gun.

Both of my sites were found around Green Mountain.

Edited by Symptom

http://southcoastbeanwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Crashed-Heli-Map-v7.jpg

@Flexho

Wrong, we have had a total of 5heli crashsites up at the same time, before reset.

So it can range from 2 and up to atleast 5, we haven't found more than 5 at a time, and that is knowing all the general spawnlocations and checking all of them.

So as far as i can see you are wrong in saying it will only be two per server ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, I was sure there were five per server. I knew they spawned randomly... Indicated that in my post. my question was: "Do they have set locations or not?"

Thanks Zantiago.

buuuuuuut if you knew they spawned randomly, why would you ask if they have set locations? set locations mean not random no?

Yeah, I was sure there were five per server. I knew they spawned randomly... Indicated that in my post. my question was: "Do they have set locations or not?"

Thanks Zantiago.

Your welcome mate.

And yes, the spots listed on that map are set locations for spawns, but they spawn randomly, location wise!

I found about 15 choppers in my 9 day old character. You just need luck, a good eye, binocs/rangefinders to confirm if the shape you see in the distance is a chopper or a rock/bush, and preferably a fast off-road vehicle (the best would be a bicycle), and preferably go to servers that have just rebooted so that the choppers you find aren't already looted.

The most i've found is four in a day before restart, two were already looted though as they were around Starry. They're honestly not that hard to find. There is ALWAYS one around Starry/Novy (ALWAYS looted unless server just reset), usually one around Gorka area too. NWAF has a high chance as well. There are a shitload of set possible spawn locations, but they will randomly spawn within 1000m of any one of the them.

There is a total of 2 heli crash sites on a server (random spawn).

They despawn at server restart (which is normaly once a day or twice).

When looted, the spawn and the loot will be reset at next server restart.

Loot may bug a lot in DayZ. That means, look carefully around the crash site, in the grass with your nose down and keep on scrolling until you see somthing pop op on the "Open gear" menu to your left.

I found 3 in the space of an hour so thats not accurate mate.

If it's two i find it strange that people (me included) have been finding 4-5 in the space of an hour, mind you that's with a vehicle but still, running is boring

Thats funny because me and my mate keep running into crash sites, with no loot spawned.

Imagine our excitment when we see the crash site in the distance and every time we get disapointed since there is no loot.

They always spawn loot. The only reason there'd be no loot is if someone already found it, but it'll usually be obvious (crappy gun on the ground, etc.)

Thing is, crash sites are really buggy. You usually won't see anything unless it drops a medical box or ammo crate. Weapons are generally burried in the ground anywhere from inside the area of the helicopter to around 5 feet out. You have to circle around the helicopter scanning every inch of the ground until you find stuff. It's really annoying, but keep looking.

Edited by noiradle

"CA 15" at the gas station to the east of gorka theres a crash site with a bison if you want it

drove by it earlier.

They always spawn loot. The only reason there'd be no loot is if someone already found it, but it'll usually be obvious (crappy gun on the ground, etc.)

Thing is, crash sites are really buggy. You usually won't see anything unless it drops a medical box or ammo crate. Weapons are generally burried in the ground anywhere from inside the area of the helicopter to around 5 feet out. You have to circle around the helicopter scanning every inch of the ground until you find stuff. It's really annoying, but keep looking.

look at them from a distance with binocs. grass doesnt spawn in from far away and you can see the loot

Edited by Buffjesus

Now, sorry for going off topic (a little) but i really didn't want to start a new topic for a question that has probably been asked before.

Is it a 100% undeniable truth that Downed Helicopters only respawn upon a server restart?

(as in the heli itself, loot only spawns once per heli, that has been covered time and time again)

Reason for me asking is i've come across a few (no naming and shaming) servers that have no scheduled restarts, meaning a server admin has to be present

for a restart to happen, wouldn't that give them an unfair advantage over everyone else because they know for certain noone else will have gotten to the helicopters prior to their login?

hey op!

don't waste your time with crash sites.Instead try to find another players camp or even a clan camp.

Bit more difficult, but the sweetest loot ever:)

it's 2, not more not less. end of debat. ask rocket, lol

that is not correct. not only I found 3 on the same server today (2 were looted though... there was a lee enflield with 10 mags lol), the other day a guy posted a screenshot of a field with 3 crashes in it visible at the same time. search for it.

you failed.

• Like 1

I have found 4 on a server once just south of the NW airfield. That area has a high concentration of crash sites that can spawn.

Finding crash sites is relatively easy, your best bet is just to run a huge paperclipped shaped route of the northern half of the map from the west side of the NWAF right over to berezino, below the sobors, Gorka, Polona and above Novy lug / devils castle. Me and a friend do this on a daily basis and we usually find at least 2 choppers, 3 if we get lucky. I'm not sure how many you can get on a server but i believe the number is 5, once you know where to look you should stumble across them on a regular basis if your intent is to find them.

Also it should be noted that not all the crash sites are marked on 'cheat maps' and their location is not necessarily true to the maps, i have found crash sites maybe half a kilo away from where the map says they should be and sites where on the map none are marked at all.

I find when I hunt choppers, I don't fine em. But the moment I stop hunting and start a cross country check to meet a buddy, I find one, sometimes two. Got ma m107 there.