Sign in to follow this  
LokiAlpha

To the Virginia 18 Players...

Whoever that group of people in the bushes northeast of Stary Sobor, thanks for the good fight and the good loot.

Out of 7 people on our side, we lost 4 from an ambush. We killed 6. Supposedly there were only 4 in the bushes, but we got flanked by randoms? Either way, good fight. Thanks.

It was really a good fight =) I haven't had an adrenaline rush that strong since back when I played counter-strike, last CT / T against 7 or 8 people and you down the entire team. Like uber adrenaline rush. I loved it =P

That looks kinda fun, but i have to raise question :

How often do you engage 7 PEOPLE IN A GROUP ?

It seems suicidal, even if you have snipers uphill, I'm pretty sure that it'll backfire on the attackers.

That looks kinda fun' date=' but i have to raise question :

How often do you engage 7 PEOPLE IN A GROUP ?

It seems suicidal, even if you have snipers uphill, I'm pretty sure that it'll backfire on the attackers.

[/quote']

Well, this is how it happened. My group was headed Southwest toward Stary Sobor, through a field.

They had a nice set up going. It was in some bushes that overlooked the entire field. They started shooting first, right? They took out two of us instantly. So it went from a 7 v 4 to a 5 v 4. We still had a number advantage, however they were up hill in cover, and we were in PLAIN SIGHT in a field, so they had the field advantage.

This is only going off of what the guy said after the fight, but he said there were only four of them there...Two people came from Stary Sobor that we killed(who also killed one of ours) so either they were completely random people who got caught in the fray, or the enemy lied to us after the fact.

Either way the battle lasted a good 20-30 minutes. For the most part they had no idea where I was shooting from in the field, but I got one right after they downed two of ours at the beginning. They had a stash of like 15 blood bags too, so they were backing out and transfusing in the middle of the fight as well. Our group was entirely split up and flanked from the two randoms. Again, all I did was sit still and take shots at people when I saw them in clear sight. I ended up downing 2 bandits and 1 survivor. A buddy downed one of the ones from the town and killed one of our own. Another buddy killed the other guy from town and the other person of the four man group in the bushes. All in all we killed 6 people and lost 4.

The group in the bushes had a TON of loot. Military guns everywhere, as well as like I said before 15 blood bags in a pile.

They even had a m16 with a grenade launcher attached to it; First time I saw it. They had about 10 30 round stanag clips, as well as 3 silenced clips. I was using an ACOG m16 at the time, so I took all of the clips.

I think the highlight of the fight for me was when they finally caught sight of my position and started shooting at me. Again, I was out in the open, being prone the only thing keeping me hidden. After finding me, all I could do was roll around on the ground...so for about 30 seconds I rolled to the left and rolled back to the right, literally dodging a single person's shots for 30 seconds.

They started to graze me though, doing about 500 damage per hit so I decided "FUCK I GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE" stood up, and started zig zagging toward the tree line. I had ~11k blood at the start, ended up at about 6k when I got behind the tree and bandaged. Got out and started firing, got hit with a broken bone / bleeding again, and started rolling to safety(again). Granted, we were fighting at a distance of probably 250-400 meters, so these shots were tough for them without any scoped weapons. I managed to hide behind a tree and bandage / morphine myself with ~3k blood left. I took a few shots at a bandit I saw, hit him, and didn't get a confirmed kill...waited about 30 seconds and saw my buddy running up to their position. Looked up at my debug and saw that I actually did get another bandit kill(so I assume he bled out). At that point I was like "Well, fuck it, if there's any left, we're as good as dead, I need to get up to my buddy and transfuse him" So I just ran up to him, transfused him, and he did the same for me...They were all dead, and the battle was over.

Truly a battle of epic proportions.

Edit: I also forgot to mention I suffered a real life casualty due to this fight. My mouse 4 button on my mouse is now unusable. =(